Company: Lakeshore Bone and Joint Institute
Posted on: May 14, 2022
As the region's dedicated experts in exceptional musculoskeletal
care, our doctors and staff at Lakeshore Bone & Joint Institute
have served the orthopedic needs of northwest Indiana since 1968.
With state-of-the-art facilities, we are dedicated to delivering
the exceptional, compassionate care patients need to keep moving
and keep enjoying their life. Patient care is our top priority at
Lakeshore Bone and Joint Institute, and our medical secretaries
play a key role in providing quality, compassionate patient care. A
high level of emotional intelligence and ability to thrive in a
busy environment is essential in this role. The medical secretary
will work for a specific doctor(s) to answer phone calls and
schedule patient appointments. They make work in tandem with a
physician assistant, nurse, medical assistant, and other ancillary
staff. What The Right Candidate Will Enjoy!
- Great company culture with a work-life balance
- Reimbursement for fitness memberships (including annual sign-on
- Opportunity for growth in a forward momentum company!
- Benefits; 401k, profit-sharing, medical, dental, vision, and
life insurance Apply Today If Your Background Includes
- Strong experience in customer OR patient service.
- Ability to work in a patient-oriented team environment.
- Has an efficient work ethic and desire to help patients. Key
- Must understand how to use phone system to answer and direct
calls as needed in a timely manner and maintain digital literacy
essential to job functions and patient care.
- Register new patients and verify all demographic and insurance
information for returning patients.
- Verify insurance eligibility for all patients one day prior to
- Triage patient concerns and forward to the appropriate
- Schedule appointments, move appointments, and update clinic
schedules as needed.
- Maintains working knowledge of LBJI department functions and
communicates with other departments as needed.
- Performs all clerical duties - including disability paperwork
and attorney scheduling - in a timely manner (within five business
- Schedule internal and outside physician referrals in timely
manner, complete order when finished.
- Document refill requests, patient concerns, voicemails, and
other essential communications in patient charts. PI173818548
Keywords: Lakeshore Bone and Joint Institute, Gary , Medical Secretary, Administration, Clerical , Portage, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!