Principal Engineer - Mechanical
Company: Stryker Group
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology
companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make
healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in
Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine
that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. We are proud to be
named the #5 World's Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for
Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning
organization by visiting-- stryker.com Why engineering at Stryker?
At Stryker we are dedicated to improving lives, with a passion for
researching and developing new medical device products. As an
engineer at Stryker,--you will be proud of the work that you will
be doing, using cutting-edge technologies to make healthcare
better.--Here,--you will work in a supportive culture
with--other--incredibly talented and intelligent--people, creating
industry-leading medical technology products. You will also have
growth opportunities as we have a culture that supports your
personal and professional development.
- Analytical problem solvers. People who go beyond just fixing to
identify root causes, evaluate optimal solutions, and recommend
comprehensive upgrades to prevent future issues.
- Dedicated achievers. Relentless about quality, people who
thrive in a fast-paced environment and will stop at nothing to
ensure a project is complete and meets regulations and
- Curious learners. Engineers who seek out cutting-edge research
and information to expand and enhance their ability to develop
- Goal-oriented developers. Keeping the customer and system
requirements squarely in focus, people who deliver safe and robust
- User-focused creators. Engineers who design with the user in
mind, developing software that helps change patients' lives.
- Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage
cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas,
information, use cases, and industry analyses to develop best
- Motivated product launchers. Engineers who bring strategic
direction and drive for execution to ensure products are developed
and launched with precision. What you will do: The Principal
Engineer - Mechanical l eads technical team members in research,
design, development, modification and evaluation of modules,
assemblies, or subsystems.
- Develop and utilize tools to enhance the company's
product/process development or performance.
- Identify and implement design and process solutions and ensures
they are sustained over time.
- Lead and support complex product development for cross
functional teams, influencing multiple technical areas of
- Hold team accountable to deliver high quality results with
passion, energy and drive to meet business priorities.
- Mentor, develop and influence across the business,
intentionally building divisional relationships.
- Apply advanced engineering theories, principles, and concepts
across various products within business.
- Translate user needs to design inputs/ specifications and
produce system/architectural level layouts and platform
- Assess new technologies and capabilities (prototyping, testing,
et.al.) for the organization.
- Mentor and influence in correction of complex product design
- Navigate the Intellectual landscape for filings and
- Possess an in-depth knowledge of the industry and competitive
- Partner with customers, internal and external key opinion
leaders to develop technical strategies that meet clinical
- Strategize and execute customer facing activities like voice of
customer and customer centric design across the business.
- Collaborate on Financial /business modeling and supports
business reviews to validate a technical approach.
- Divisional expert with extensive experience applying industry
standards for device development.
- Independent reviewer and advisor for the creation or refinement
of engineering documentation, such as the Design History file.
- Lead the development of standards and regulations, working
closely with functions within and across business. What you need:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Mechanical Engineering,
Biomedical or Masters in related discipline
- 8+ years of work experience
- Broad base of experience in Implementing design methodologies
such as DFM, Reliability, Systems Design.
- High degree of experience in medical device design (or
designing in a highly regulated industry) and ability to utilize
Solid Modeling and CAE tools to optimize the design.
- In-depth knowledge of materials, manufacturing and processing
methods and technologies to support complex product
- Ability to communicate complex plans and technical information
to team members within and across businesses. Our total rewards
offering varies by country but often includes bonuses; commissions;
healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based
plans; paid time off plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition
reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and
cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance
awards - not to mention various social and recreational activities.
Joining our talent network will enhance your job search and
application process. Whether you choose to apply or just leave your
information, we look forward to staying connected to you.
Keywords: Stryker Group, Gary , Principal Engineer - Mechanical, Engineering , Portage, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!