Water Resources Engineer
Company: Butler, Fairman & Seufert, Inc.
Posted on: May 17, 2022
Butler, Fairman and Seufert (BF&S) is currently seeking a
full-time Engineer with background or interest in pursuing a career
in water resources/environmental engineering. Areas of focus
include, but are not limited to, water, wastewater, and stormwater
disciplines. Project types include treatment facilities, utility
distribution, and stormwater and sanitary collection systems. The
successful candidate will display a technical aptitude to use or
acquire the skills and motivation to complete engineering
assignments, gradually assuming the roles becoming of a
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Complete technical design, engineering calculations, and
communications duties on a wide array of engineering projects,
including treatment facilities, stormwater management for site
projects and during construction, pump stations, and
- Collaborate with team members as well as work independently to
constructively approach challenges and develop solutions
- Ability to be versatile in duties and able to manage multiple
tasks while adhering to timely completion of such tasks.
- Coordinate with technical personnel to develop construction
documents and specifications under the supervision of a
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering
- 0-4 years relevant work experience and have passed the
Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) Exam
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs such as Word and
- Experience in utilizing modeling software such as WaterCad,
Autodesk Storm and Sanitary Analysis, ICPR and design software such
as AutoCAD Civil 3D are encouraged but not required.
- Strong verbal and writing skills to encourage development into a
Professional Engineer that will effectively present information and
respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers,
and the public.
- Desire to obtain Professional Engineer certification is
Butler, Fairman, Seufert provides equal employment opportunities
(EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or
genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Butler, Fairman,
Seufert complies with applicable state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the
company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and
conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement,
promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer.
Keywords: Butler, Fairman & Seufert, Inc., Gary , Water Resources Engineer, Engineering , Merrillville, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!