Manufacturing Engineering Intern (Summer 2023)
Company: Parker Hannifin Corporation Parker Aerospace Group
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Manufacturing Engineering Intern (Summer 2023)Location : GOODLAND,
IN, United States
Job Type : Regular
Posted : Jan 19, 2023
Job ID : 38545Back to Search ResultsJob DescriptionApply Now >
Save Job Job SavedParker Hannifin is a Fortune 250 global leader in
motion and control technologies. For more than a century the
company has been enabling engineering breakthroughs that lead to a
better tomorrow. Learn more at www.parker.com or
@parkerhannifin.Position Summary:The Manufacturing Engineering
Intern would be responsible for carrying out design and development
assignments with our Goodland, IN facility. These assignments are
connected with manufacturing equipment and processes including:
tools, jigs, and special equipment to achieve desired production
rates and quality standards.Essential Functions:
- Investigates and analyzes the cost and reliability of using
various equipment and processes.
- Studies performance and troubles in existing tools and
equipment and recommends improvements through redesign or
- Estimates costs of assigned projects together with a
satisfactory delivery schedule.
- Follows up to see that schedules are met.
- Makes layouts and detail drawings of equipment assigned.
- Evaluates various equipment and methods and points out
advantages, disadvantages and production capabilities.
- Recommends the purchase items needed to keep equipment properly
- Checks on process capabilities of equipment designed to see
that it is properly maintained.
- Keeps up-to-date of all new development in equipment or
processes that could be adapted to improve manufacturing
- Other duties as assigned.
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Industrial, or
Manufacturing Engineering. Sophomore or higher class standing
- Minimum of a 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Mechanical aptitude
- Previous manufacturing experience and/or experience in
implementing automation equipment is a plus
- Good communication skills
- Seeking a candidate to build our talent pipeline which could
lead to relocating for future opportunities
Additional Comments:The essential functions have been provided as
examples of the type of work performed by employees assigned to
this job classification. The Company reserves the right to modify
the work assignments and/or to make reasonable accommodations so
that qualified employees can perform the essential functions. The
job description is not intended to be an all inclusive list of
duties and responsibilities. It is intended to describe the general
nature of the positioParker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative
Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment
opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment
decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race,
ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national
origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran
status, or any other status protected by law. However, U.S.
Citizenship, Permanent Residency or other appropriate status is
required for certain positions, in accord with U.S. import & export
("Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / VEVRAA Federal
Contractor")If you would like more information about Equal
Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please go to
Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal (eeoc.gov)
.Save Job Job Saved
Keywords: Parker Hannifin Corporation Parker Aerospace Group, Gary , Manufacturing Engineering Intern (Summer 2023), Engineering , Goodland, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!