CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER-CFO
Company: The Methodist Hospitals
Posted on: November 16, 2020
To provide financial executive leadership and direction in the
development, communication and implementation of Methodist
Hospitals' strategic goals and objectives; to provide effective
business decision making, strategy development, cost controls and
operating and capital budget development; to develop short and long
term financial plans and budgets designed to ensure the financial
viability of Methodist Hospitals; to manage all Methodist Hospitals
assigned departments and staff; and to partner with staff to take
operational, clinical, financial and satisfaction metrics to a
higher level.PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES(*Essential
- Provides ongoing guidance and leadership to all key financial
functions, including accounting and disbursements, financial
planning, information technology, supply chain management, health
records, patient access, decision support, etc.
- Addresses and improves physician relations, promoting the
growth, vitality, and referrals within the system; serves as an
advisor to the other Executives and other key managers regarding
the broad strategic direction; evaluates and directs all investment
needs and opportunities to evaluate their potential impact and to
prioritize investments; and plays a key role in providing input
into the execution and negotiation of key business transactions and
- Keeps the CEO and Executive Team apprised of potentially
adverse developments and key opportunities, ensuring that financial
resources are available for long-term needs and future
- Analyzes daily operating results to ensure that revenues,
expenses, and labor are within budgeted objectives, and advises
department heads and administration of needed changes and
improvements in a timely manner.
- Establishes and maintains sound financial controls and record
keeping, approves financial expenditures, evaluates the System's
overall financial position, prepares periodic financial and
operating reports, and provides consistent and accurate financial,
accounting and reporting processes throughout the System.
- Works with the staff and the clinicians to improve major issues
such as patient access and processes and procedures through
fostering cooperation and open communications with a continued
focus on quality and improving the coordination of care.
- Works with assigned reports to ensure the development and
implementation of a sound departmental and capital budget,
operational plans, and strategic goals.
- Identifies, analyzes and implements financial operating
policies and program standards, and ensures full documentation and
compliance with all regulatory requirements, so that all assigned
departments comply with or exceed all regulatory requirements.
- Represents the organization to community groups, educational
and professional organizations, physicians and others groups.
- Strives to improve the overall management skills of the staff,
improving the level of consistency and the application of policies
throughout the system.
- Ensures implementation of management systems and processes that
reinforces the Methodist Hospitals' integration of Studer
principles creating a unique and desired culture.
- Works closely with the other Executives, playing a key role in
the refinement of the operating structure, including both the
procedures and staffing necessary to build a high performance team
geared to meeting the established metrics.
- Brings clarity to the goals and performance metrics and by
providing ongoing feedback, plays a key role in building the
culture of accountability.JOB SPECIFICATIONS(Minimum
Requirements)KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of finance, cost control, productivity enhancement
and systems management.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing financial stewardship
with high levels of operational success.
- Advanced analytic and cost control skills essential to the
optimal use of financial resources and the achievement of goals in
capital and staff deployment and expense and revenue budgets in a
- A solid track record and experience in financial control,
budgeting, capital planning, payer relations and managed care
- A strong informational technology skills and the capacity to
contribute to the timely and effective rollout of new systems.
- Proven success in developing and training staff and empowering
- Proven ability to achieve sustainable significant cost
efficiencies on an organization-wide basis.
- A thorough understanding of the financial management of
clinical, professional and support programs with a focus on process
- Sensitivity to the complexities of providing care to a
culturally diverse population.
- A track record of achieving effective collaboration across
- Immediately recognizable leadership and decision-making
qualities, and will be self-directed, thorough, and committed to a
- Positive and enthusiastic approach to develop innovative and
collaborative communications, with a sense of humor and ability to
- Great energy, passion and capacity to successfully manage
multiple projects and responsibilities, while improving operational
- A Bachelor's Degree from a recognized college or university
with a major in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration,
Health Administration or a closely related field is required.
- A Master's Degree from a recognized college or university with
a major in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Health
Administration or a closely related field is preferred.
- Bachelors Accounting Required
- Bachelors Finance Required
- Masters Accounting Required
- Masters Finance Required
- A Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is required.
- Ten (10) years of progressively responsible financial
management work experience and a successful track record of
progressive line management in a not for profit health care
delivery organization of similar size and complexity or a closely
related field is required.
- 10 Accounting/Finance RequiredSTANDARDS OF BEHAVIORMeets the
Standards of Behavior as outlined in Personnel Policy and Procedure
#1, Employee Relations Code.CONFIDENTIALITY/HIPAA/CORPORATE
COMPLIANCEDemonstrates knowledge of procedures for protecting and
maintaining security, confidentiality and integrity of employee,
patient, family, organizational and other medical information.
Understands and supports the commitment of Methodist Hospitals in
adhering to federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations
governing ethical business practices for healthcare
providers.DISCLAIMER - The above statements are intended to
describe the general nature and level of work being performed by
people assigned to this job. The statements are not intended to be
construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and
Keywords: The Methodist Hospitals, Gary , CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER-CFO, Executive , Gary, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!