DIRECTOR - WOMEN & CHILDREN
Company: The Methodist Hospitals
Posted on: November 23, 2020
Responsible for leading, developing and growing the Women and
Children's service lines. Instilling a culture of best practice
performance and accountability. The Director will develop strategic
growth priorities for the service line to capitalize upon
opportunities for growth in Mother/Baby services and Pediatrics.
Responsible for analysis of current performance to elevate
profitability, quality outcomes, community partnerships, and
patient and physician satisfaction.PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND
RESPONSIBILITIES (Essential Functions)
- Responsible for building, analyzing, and justifying strategic
direction to grow, enhance, and improve Women and Children's
Services, including collaborating with physicians to enhance
quality, service offerings, and patient outcomes, in addition to
grow volumes and enhance profitability. Works collaboratively with
community partners to improve the overall population health of
those individuals receiving services.
- Prepares, interprets, and manages sound budgets with defined
financial resources and direct, complex project, technology and
- Achieves compliance with state and federal laws and
regulations, and leads pursuit of additional voluntary regulatory
agency accreditation for leveling purposes.
- Plays a lead role in furthering Methodist's patient-centered
Women and Children's systems of care delivery, with a focus in the
improvement of patient, family, staff and physician satisfaction
and improve patient care outcomes with a focus on quality, cost,
productivity and service excellence.
- Leadership and team development will be a priority with a focus
on elevating an already strong team of existing leaders by ensuring
performance based and metrics driven execution and instilling a
strong sense of accountability.
- Will focus on creating a culture of innovation and performance
excellence and will work in partnership with their team to develop
achievable but elevated performance goals.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND
- A thorough understanding of the management of Women and
- Experience in a growth-oriented healthcare environment, with a
focus on physician relationship building, service growth planning,
and project management, which ideally includes new technological
innovation, and inpatient and ambulatory focus.
- Prior experience working closely with physicians, mentoring
clinical leaders and managing service line operations.
- Knowledge of finance, cost control, productivity enhancement
and systems management with demonstrated success driving to
- Demonstrated experience developing and analyzing sound budgets
and upholding financial stewardship with high levels of operational
- Sensitivity to the complexities of providing care within and to
a culturally diverse population. A track record of achieving
effective collaboration across organizational lines.Leadership
- Detail oriented leader, who is decisive and capable of guiding
all levels of staff in surgical operations. A detail oriented
leader capable of driving and executing operational plans.
- An individual with the patience and perseverance to communicate
a mission and vision, to drive long- term goals, and to undertake a
step-by-step process to achieve them.
- A leader who is highly visible and motivational and who is
comfortable developing and delivering presentations to clinical and
- An individual who is approachable and comfortable in various
settings who seeks varied perspectives with expert coordination,
facilitation, consultation and conflict resolution skills.
- An individual with the ability to gain and maintain credibility
and trust with a wide variety of clinical and non-clinical
- An inclusive leader who leads with a collaborative, win-win
- An individual who seeks and embraces challenges and pushes all
team members to achieve their fullest potential.
- An individual with high standards, as well as the energy and
commitment to bring Methodist Hospitals to its full
- Will bring immediately recognizable leadership and
decision-making qualities, self- direction and a hands-on and team
- Dedication to meeting internal and external customers' needs,
anticipating future needs of physicians and an appetite for
modeling gold standard customer service behavior.
- A positive and enthusiastic approach to listening to a broad
range of needs and agendas across diverse stakeholders, developing
innovative and collaborative resolutions, all with a sense of
humor. An adaptive nature with an interest in modifying plans and
objectives to naturally foster flexibility and innovation within
- Demonstrated ability to develop a strong surgical operations
team, with a desire to educate colleagues and subordinates around
Methodist Hospitals' Mission and Values, and an unparalleled
interest in treating all associates and customers with respect,
fairness, integrity and dignity.
- Great energy, passion and capacity to improve performance while
successfully managing multiple projects/responsibilities.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Master's Degree in Nursing Required. Master's Degree in Health
Care Administration, Business Administration or related specialty
field will be considered in lieu of Master's Degree in Nursing
- Registered Nurse Licensure in the state of Indiana
- 5 years relevant work experience in Women and Children's
services and a successful track record of progressive management
responsibilities in a health care delivery organization of similar
size and complexity, with a preference for experience within a
multi-site, patient centered health system is required. STANDARDS
OF BEHAVIORMeets the Standards of Behavior as outlined in Personnel
Policy and Procedure #1, Employee Relations
knowledge of procedures for protecting and maintaining security,
confidentiality and integrity of employee, patient, family,
organizational and other medical information. Understands and
supports the commitment of Methodist Hospitals in adhering to
federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations governing
ethical business practices for healthcare providers.DISCLAIMER -
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job.
The statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive
list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Keywords: The Methodist Hospitals, Gary , DIRECTOR - WOMEN & CHILDREN, Executive , Gary, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!