ADON - Assistant Director of Nursing
Company: Christian Horizons
Location: Crown Point
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Crown Point Christian Village 6685 East 117th AvenueJob ID:
2Location: US-IN-Crown PointCategory: Clinical ServicesOverview
BE PART OF SOMETHING MORE
At Crown Point Christian Village (Christian Horizons), you'll find
a rewarding place to work with the satisfaction that comes from
living your purpose and making a real difference in the lives of
others. You'll find an incredible spirit in our community. It's in
the smiles of our residents and the dedication of our associates.
It inspires all who share our mission - from chefs and managers to
nurses, housekeepers and pastors. Remarkable people work here and
there's a place here for you.
Founded in 1962, our God-centered mission continues today. Our
mission is to cultivate a compassionate and positive environment
where living means thriving, where residents lead the abundant life
they were intended to lead.
We are seeking an Assistant Director of Nursing RN to provide
leadership to the nursing staff in delivering exceptional care to
- Competitive Salary
- PathwayPay (daily pay) - Get your pay, when you need it.
- Generous PTO Program
- Health (Blue Cross Blue Shield), Dental & Vision Insurance
- Life (employer paid), Short & Long Term Disability, Group
Accident, and Critical Illness
- 403(b) & Flex Spending
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts and Other Perks
- Assist in the planning, implementation and evaluation of all
aspects of the Nursing Department.
- Assist in the execution, monitoring, and evaluation of Resident
care policies and procedures.
- Oversee and manage the restorative treatment program.
- Collaborate in recruitment, hiring, evaluation, and discipline
of nursing staff, under the supervision of the Director of
- Advise and consult daily with the Director of Nursing on
nursing and Resident care issues.
- Perform the duties of the Director of Nursing in their
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of
- Assist in ensuring the building remains in substantial
compliance for all state and federal agencies.
- Assist the Director of Nursing in the planning and
implementation of procedures for all state and federal
- Function as part of an interdisciplinary team to provide
quality care to all Residents.
- Assess quality indicator reports and take corrective action as
- Coordinate audits and the analyzing of information for
continuous quality improvement.
- Participate in developing, planning, conducting, and scheduling
in-service training classes to help ensure a well-educated
- Serve as an active member of all committees as needed in the
- Attend and participate in continuing education programs
designed to keep abreast of changes in the profession.
- Consistently work cooperatively with Residents, staff,
volunteers, and families to ensure Residents are receiving the best
- Assist with orientation of new employees to their duties
according to the corporate guidelines.
- Organize and maintain all records necessary, following
corporate policies and procedures.
- Assist the Director of Nursing in operating the department
within the established budget guidelines.
- Supervise proper care and use of equipment and waste disposal
procedures in accordance with corporate policies.
- Demonstrate consistent management of staff and resources.
- Follow all written and oral directions given by
- Participate in all in-services and activities as required.
- Observe all community policies and procedures, including but
not limited to safety, infection control, Residents' rights, and
those contained in the employee handbook.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all protected health
information whether electronic, written, or oral exposed to either
during the course of assigned duties or as a result of an
- Apply the Minimum Necessary Standard in all matters related to
Residents' protected health information.
- Graduate from an approved school of nursing required.
- Current state license as a Registered Nurse RN required.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in clinical practice as a
registered nurse required.
- Able to follow and give written and oral directions.
- Demonstrate dependability, cooperation, and interest in the
care of the elderly.
- Display leadership qualities, good communication skills, and a
desire to continuously learn.
- Possess the ability to communicate effectively and deal
tactfully with personnel, Residents, families, visitors, government
agencies, and the general public.
- Pass background check before and during employment, as defined
by Christian Horizons' background check policy, with no
disqualifications by committing or attempting to commit one or more
of the offenses defined within.
Keywords: Christian Horizons, Gary , ADON - Assistant Director of Nursing, Executive , Crown Point, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!