Assistant Banquet Manager (Fair Oaks Farms)
Company: Select Milk
Location: Fair Oaks
Posted on: November 18, 2021
Reports to: Director of Sales and Food and Beverage
DirectorDuties and Responsibilities:
- Approaches all encounters with guests and colleagues in a
friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Maintains constant communication with guests and on-site
contact to ensure all expectations are met or exceeded.
- Remains alert of complaints and/or unsatisfied guests and
responds appropriately to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Coordinates with other staff and departments to arrange for the
delivery of requested services.
- Maintains constant contact with kitchen staff to ensure
complete effective communication between food production and food
- Ensures all functions are set and staff is prepared and
organized before the required time on BEO.
- Inspects table place settings, including table linen, china,
glass, silverware, and condiments for correct placement and ensures
that each element is clean, undamaged, and attractive.
- Ensures proper setting of buffet tables and other food service
- Arranges for and ensures the proper sequence of service for
- Monitors banquet team members to ensure all operating
procedures are followed.
- Supervises clearing and post function cleanup and garbage
- Maintains clean and orderly back areas, pre-function areas, and
- Assures that all china, glassware, silverware, linen, etc are
returned to their proper locations after each event. Ensure proper
ordering of all required linen and extra equipment prior to the
- Clearly projects the visions of the department and measures
- Meticulously plans events to ensure execution is achieved at
the highest level.
- Conducts regular meetings with Catering Sales Manager and
Director of Meeting & Event Sales to ensure the needs of the
clients are being met.
- Conducts regular meetings with the Catering Sales Manager and
Director of Meeting & Event Sales to continuously evaluate
strategies and ideas for enhancements to benefit the guests'
- Ensures payroll is reviewed and finalized as set forth by the
policy of the resort.
- Reviews scheduling, and labor needs to meet the guests' needs
as well as maximize efficiency.
- Any other duties as assigned by their supervisor.Position
- Proactively solve problems and demonstrate an ability to do so
- Ability to organizing and prioritizing tasks assigned by direct
- Knowledge of computer systems and use of programs such as Word,
- Knowledge of operational software such as reservation systems,
POS, and event order software.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and
- Lifting to 25 pounds and long periods of standing may be
required occasionallyEducation and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor's degree in the hospitality or restaurant fields
preferred or 2+ years of experience in hospitality or food service
- Bachelors or better in Hospitality and Resort Management or
Keywords: Select Milk, Gary , Assistant Banquet Manager (Fair Oaks Farms), Executive , Fair Oaks, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!