Company: Summit Engineering And Construction
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Position Summary:The drafting manager would be a working manager
position. The drafting manager would be responsible to organize
workflow through the department, perform QA/QC checks of
deliverables, as well as perform professional level technical work
using computerized drafting and drawing systems. This position is
based out of our Remington, IN office with opportunity to work
remotely 2 days a week and would involve the management of 3 to 4
drafting/design staff. Expectations & Objectives:
- Manage the workflow of the drafting department to ensure
critical deliverables are on time and accurate
- Meet with employees regularly to manage tasks as well as assist
in continued professional development
- Implement, improve, and maintain existing drafting standards as
- Provide quality control and assurance reviews of department
- Complete sales level prints including preliminary site layouts,
basic sections/plan views of agricultural buildings, 3D renderings
- Complete review level construction drawings (structural,
architectural, some MEP)
- Incorporate redline review comments from engineering and
- Complete bid level & final issuance of construction
- Know and understand the design criteria and special
instructions for specific assigned projects.
- Keep accurate records of important communications and
developments for assigned project and prepare summaries of
completed designs and project status information.
- Work closely with the project teams and project manager to keep
track of project design and timeline.
- Keep project team members and project manager informed of all
- Promptly make all quality control corrections required upon
return of previously performed work.
- Keep all assigned project files and drawings organized and up
to date. Necessary Attributes:
- Must excel as a leader of people and teams
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Associates degree in Computer Aided Drafting or similar 2-yr
technical degree with concentration in architectural / structural
- Based out of Remington office with the ability to work remote 2
days a week (Monday and Friday)
- Talented and efficient in AutoCAD 2D
- Experience in SketchUp (preferred)
- Background in agriculture (preferred, but not required)by
Keywords: Summit Engineering And Construction, Gary , Drafting Manager, Executive , Remington, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!