Director of Case Management
Company: Community Health System
Posted on: August 7, 2022
The Director of Case Management is responsible for the overall
facilitation of hospitalization from admission through discharge.
The Director will coordinate with Physicians, Nurses, Social
Workers, and other health team members to make sure processes are
in place to expedite medically appropriate, cost-effective care.
The Director develops guidelines for the Case Managers to apply
their clinical expertise and medical appropriateness criteria to
resource utilization and discharge planning. The Director will
mentor the Case Management team and provide leadership.
* Provides direction and professional guidance, leadership
development. Exemplifies leadership behaviors. Coordinates with
appropriate service level owners related to performance
expectations and results. Evaluates colleague performance and
participates in improvement activities.
* Facilitates ongoing orientation at all levels. Encourages
continuous employee feedback and formulates action plans for
positive employee engagement. Positively manages physician
relations through ongoing communications. Encourage high-quality
performance through recognition and reward.
* Effectively plans and budgets activities of the departments
managed. Reviews financial statements and indicators to identify
adverse trends and provide performance reporting as necessary and
is responsible for the oversight and approval of financial activity
for responsible areas including, but not limited to payroll,
expense requests, etc.
* Demonstrates professionalism (e.g., personal and career
accountability, career planning, ethics, practices evidence-based
management, and active membership in professional
* Employs leadership skills (e.g., foundational thinking, personal
journey, uses systems thinking, succession planning, and change
* Demonstrates knowledge of the health care environment (e.g.
clinical practice knowledge, patient care delivery models, work
design knowledge, healthcare economics, healthcare policy,
governance, evidence-based practice, outcome measurement, patient
safety, utilization/case management, quality improvement, metrics,
and risk management).
* Demonstrates effective communication and relationship-building
skills (e.g., effective communication, relationship management,
influence of behaviors, ability to work with diversity, shared
decision making, community involvement, and medical staff
* Requires flexibility and the ability to adjust to changing
* Commitment to Purpose and Community Cares Standards of Behavior -
Demonstrates a commitment to the organization's mission, vision,
and values supporting organizational decisions and behaviors.
Contributes to the development and implementation of systems and
processes ensuring strategic goal attainment. Actively
participates, models and supports work aligned with the five
pillars (Quality, Service, People, Finance, and Growth). Actively
participates, models, and supports positive behaviors and
* Developing Expertise - Takes action to continue to develop and
acquire new expertise that is of increasing value to the
* Relationships, Conversation and Collaboration - Works as part of
a team with others, and shows respect and values diversity toward
* Service Orientation - Demonstrates efforts to discovering,
meeting and advocating for the customer's needs. Actively
participates to improve the patient experience.
* Excellence Orientation - Takes actions to continually improve
quality and safety in daily work. Actively participates in
improving work processes to meet and exceed customer requirements.
Identifies opportunities for improvement based on process
observation, outcome measures, and feedback from patients and other
customers. Reports errors in a timely and appropriate manner. Takes
initiative and is accountable for areas of responsibility meeting
regulatory requirements including but not limited to maintaining
annual TB testing, completing annual mandatories, and maintaining
current registration/certification/licensures as appropriate to
* Problem Solving - The ability to understand a situation by
breaking it apart into smaller pieces or tracing the implications
in a step-by-step way.
* Initiative - The identification of a problem, obstacle, or
opportunity and proactively taking action to address current or
* Impact and Influence - The ability to persuade, convince
influence, or impress others (individuals or groups) in order to
get them to go along with or to support one's opinion or position.
The key is to understand others since Impact and Influence are
based on the desire to have a specific impact or effect on
* Organizational Awareness - The ability to understand and learn
the influence relationships in one's own organization or in other
organizations (e.g., key stakeholders, suppliers, etc.). This
includes the ability to identify who the real decision-makers are;
the individuals who can influence them; and to predict how new
events or situations will affect individuals and groups within the
* Bachelor's degree in Nursing from an accredited college or
university. [Diploma Required]
* Master's degree in related field (Preferred)
* CCM certification
* Current Indiana Registered Nurse licensure
* CPR certification required.
Keywords: Community Health System, Gary , Director of Case Management, Executive , Valparaiso, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!