Aquatics Director I
Company: Crossroads YMCA
Location: Crown Point
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Job DetailsJob LocationSouthlake YMCA - Crown Point, INPosition
TypeFull TimeThe Dean and Barbara White Southlake YMCA is looking
for our next Membership Director II. Come work for one of the
fastest growing Y's in the country! With over 42,000 members in
over 13,500 households, our Y has grown to be one of the fastest
growing and busiest Y's in the country. We currently serve over
5,500 kids in programs each week and have 65,000-70,000 member
visits a month. We are conveniently located less than an hour from
Chicago, 20 minutes from the beautiful beaches of Lake Michigan,
and 2 hours north of Indianapolis. If you like a fast pace
environment and a welcoming and fun culture to work in, apply
today.Job DescriptionPOSITION SUMMARY: This position supports the
work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening
community through youth development, healthy living, and social
responsibility. The Aquatics Director is responsible for but not
limited to: manages program operation, development and growth,
participant satisfaction, member and staff retention and safety,
staff supervision, onboarding, training, and coaching. As a
Aquatics Director at the Y, you lead an environment that is
inviting and serves all.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Develop, coordinate, market and evaluate all program offerings
- Lead the recruiting, hiring, training, developing, and
supervision of team members.
- Define department targets and evaluate performance around
achieving goals while motivating staff.
- Implement the risk management program to ensure safe facilities
and programs for members, volunteers, and staff.
- Ensure emergency preparedness through regular emergency drills,
in services and department assessment.
- Ensure that all staff maintain current required
- Monitor, purchase and maintain necessary equipment through
scheduled and preventative maintenance.
- Develop and manage annual department budget. Submit monthly
variance reports and accurate budget forecasts. Ensure programs
operate within budget and established standards. Continuously
display effective and efficient fiscal management.
- Attend, actively participate, or lead all required staff
training, meetings, and program development activities.
- Support the strategic direction of the Association and
appropriate cabinets and work groups.
- Perform office duties as needed such as filing, copying, record
keeping, and payroll completion.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key partners, and other
collaborative organizations and agencies related to portfolio.
Respond to all participant and community inquiries in a timely
- Play a key role in the Annual Campaign by ensuring all staff is
asked to give and provide a reply; by facilitating or supporting a
campaign effort or event; by collecting and sharing stories of Y
impact; and by engaging volunteers in our cause-driven work and/or
- Responsible for other duties as assigned.TECHNICAL
- Lead, conduct and role model successful swim lesson
- Maintain Lifeguard and Swim Instructor certifications with
instructor/trainer level preferred.
- Acquire and maintain CPO within 90 of hire.
- Conduct lifeguard in services monthly.
- Maintain licensing compliance records inclusive of pool
chemistry testing, patron load, staff certification, drill &
Inservice completion, OSHA compliance. YMCA COMPETENCIES (Team
Leader):The National YMCA Mission:To put Christian principles into
practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind, and body
for all.Mission Advancement: Models and teaches the Ys values.
Ensures a high level of service with a commitment to changing
lives. Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development,
and recognition. Cultivates relationships to support
fund-raising.Collaboration: Champions inclusion activities,
strategies, and initiatives. Builds relationships to create small
communities. Empathetically listens and communicates for
understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict.
Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience.
Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance and support.
Operational Effectiveness: Provides others with frameworks for
making decisions. Conducts prototypes to support the launching of
programs and activities. Develops plans and manages best practices
through engagement of team. Effectively creates and manages
budgets. Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a
formal process to measure progress. Personal Growth: Shares new
insights. Facilitates change/ models adaptability and an awareness
of the impact of change. Utilizes non-threatening methods to
address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance.
Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to
perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date
knowledge and skills in technology. QUALIFICATIONS:
- Associate degree in related field or equivalent is
- Minimum 2 years related experience preferred.
- CPR/AED, First Aid. See technical functions.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving
- Able to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Possess strong leadership qualities and work as a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and ability to quickly learn
other software programs
- Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations. WORK
ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Sufficient strength, agility, and mobility to perform essential
functions of position and supervise program.
- Visual, auditory, and verbal ability to communicate
- Must have high level of alertness, concentration, and
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. and stand, walk, or sit for extended
periods of time; occasionally stoop/bend.
- Maintain a neat and professional appearance at all times.
Keywords: Crossroads YMCA, Gary , Aquatics Director I, Executive , Crown Point, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!