Center Medical Director
Company: Oak Street Health, Inc.
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Company: Oak Street HealthTitle: Center Medical
DirectorLocation: VariesRole Description:The purpose of the Center
Medical Director role at Oak Street Health is to lead the clinical
team at their center in providing the best patient care and a great
place to work in order to keep patients happy, healthy and out of
the hospital. The Medical Director will practice primary care in
our clinics alongside their provider colleagues at 80% clinical
time and 20% administrative time. The CMD will have
mission-critical leadership responsibilities, which include setting
an example for how thoughtful primary care is practiced, serving as
a formal mentor, coach, and advisor to providers in Oak Street
clinics, and participating in critical organizational-wide
strategic initiatives.Core Responsibilities:The Center Medical
Director is the medical leader for his/her OSH center. In this role
the CMD will have the following responsibilities:Support of
- Work in tight collaboration with the Practice Manager and
Outreach Manager/Director to achieve our organizational objectives:
- Best Care Anywhere
- Unmatched Patient Experience
- Exceptional Growth
- Great Place to Work and Leader in DE&I
- Drive implementation of OSH strategic initiatives.
- Follow direction from regional leadership (regional medical
director or senior medical director) in collaboration with CMDs in
the region to implement regional priorities and reach regional
- Cascade both organizational information to care team members as
well as escalate care team concerns and ideas to the rest of the
- Help coordinate and lead the onboarding of new providers at the
- Model excellent medical care, implementation of the care model,
and success in metrics.
- Support consistent and robust OSH care model implementation by
ensuring care teams are effectively preparing for and executing
daily huddles, patient care planning and management, admission
prevention work, and clinical documentation workflows.
- Ensure that the medical care provided by each provider and care
team is appropriate evidence based care that keeps patients healthy
and out of the hospital.
- Understand, teach and implement Oak Street's clinical
guidelines at both the individual provider and center level.
- Support each care team and the center to provide the highest
quality (primary and secondary) preventative care.
- Educate and provide ongoing support for providers in
implementation of the value based full risk model of care.
- Assess and address root causes when center metric goals are not
reached.Leadership and Coaching
- Create and maintain a culture of coaching up and growth of
providers and care teams.
- Listen to feedback from care team members and address concerns
with constructive problem-solving.
- Conduct performance reviews and discuss provider goals and help
develop plans to achieve these goals.Culture
- Acknowledge and celebrate successes of care team members and
communicate opportunities for improvement.
- Achieve triad best practices.
- Support a positive, Oaky culture of joy in practice.
- Other duties as assigned.What are we looking for?Ideal
candidates will be:
- M.D., D.O., or A.P.N or P.A. graduates.
- Board certification in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine
required for M.D. or D.O., Board certification in Family, Adult, or
Gerontology for A.P.N.
- Experience in clinical leadership roles, leading and coaching
providers to be the best they can be for their patients and their
- Experience using a metrics-driven approach to the provision of
medical care and/or quality projects.
- Passionate about their work and motivated to be a part of a
fast growing organization.
- Aware of their leadership skills and potential for impact and
eager to share those with a fast-growing, energetic team on the
leading edge of healthcare innovation.
- Commitment to older adults and to low-income patients.
- Comfort with ambiguity and a love for problem solving.
- Ability to remain calm in the midst of the storm, guiding
others to smart, effective solutions.
- 5+ years of experience in outpatient practice preferred.
- Fellowship training in Geriatrics, other professional degrees
(e.g., M.B.A., J.D., M.P.H.), and prior executive roles welcomed
but not required.
- US work authorization
- Someone who embodies being "Oaky"What does being "Oaky" look
- Radiating positive energy
- Assuming good intentions
- Creating an unmatched patient experience
- Driving clinical excellence
- Taking ownership and delivering results
- Being relentlessly determinedWhy Oak Street Health?Oak Street
Health is on a mission to "Rebuild healthcare as it should be'',
providing personalized primary care for older adults on Medicare,
with the goal of keeping patients healthy and living life to the
fullest. Our innovative care model is centered right in our
patient's communities, and focused on the quality of care over
volume of services. We're an organization on the move! With over
150 locations and an ambitious growth trajectory, Oak Street Health
is attracting and cultivating team members who embody "Oaky" values
and passion for our mission.Oak Street Health Benefits:
- Mission-focused career impacting change and measurably
improving health outcomes for medicare patients
- Paid vacation, sick time, and investment/retirement 401K match
- Health insurance, vision, and dental benefits
- Opportunities for leadership development and continuing
- New centers and flexible work environments
- Opportunities for high levels of responsibility and rapid
advancementOak Street Health is an equal opportunity employer. We
embrace diversity and encourage all interested readers to
apply.Learn more at
Keywords: Oak Street Health, Inc., Gary , Center Medical Director, Executive , Gary, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...