Company: NiSource Inc.
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Employs project integration processes to effectively initiate,
plan, execute, monitor and control, and effectively transient the
project to the customer and ensure project objective
- Integrates competence in the product life cycle components to
the definition and management of non-product objectives (safety,
cost, schedule, human resource, etc.) Expand competence in
integration management to align project resources for optimal
productivity. Implements product to project scope configuration
management. Applies expanding interpersonal skills to lead, manage,
and direct the project management team and project
- Employs quality management processes to effectively initiate,
plan, execute, monitor and control and ensures customer
- Employs risk management processes to effectively initiate,
plan, execute, monitor and control and deliver project
- Employs procurement management proficiencies and processes to
effectively transfer product and project risk (threats) and
exploit, enhance, and share product opportunities to third parties
at a fair and equitable price to establish and deliver objective
value to both buyer and seller as a result of the project.
- Employs cost management proficiencies to effectively estimate,
budget, and control costs within project objective (success)
parameters for the project
- Employs schedule management proficiencies to effectively plan,
schedule, and deliver the project within the designated project
time objective (success) parameters for the project
- Employs the NIPSCO risk management utility to the development
and management of projects, human resources, and stakeholders
- Applies and integrates proficiency in NIPSCO human resource
processes and skills to optimize coordination of the project
management team performance and ensure optimum coordination is
achieved given existing human resource policies and procedures.
Uses effective human resource tools and techniques to motivate and
drive contractor performance
- Effectively engages project stakeholders; employs effective
strategies in dealing with negative stakeholders and integrate the
project objectives with the composite of individual project
stakeholder requirements and expectations.
- Applies proficiency in effective communication management to
manage and control project stakeholders
- Applies proficiency in project governance and utilize effective
communication and objective management to ensure that the project's
safety and environmental objectives are realized.
- The Project Manager will manage the project in accordance with
industry best practices, the NIPSCO Organizational Process Assets,
the Project Management Guidelines and Standards
Required Qualifications for Position
- Bachelor's Degree in Technical plus 6 years technical
experience or 9 years project/architectural-engineering/technical
experience or Project Manager plus 2 years' experience as a PM
- Expand the project management knowledge base in project
management methodology, processes, tools, techniques, and software;
increasing personal maturity in project management (Level 3
- Expanded comprehension in project management guidelines,
standard, processes, and job aids
- Expanded proficiency in project management information systems
(PMIS) utilization and integration; scheduling software, risk
management software, cost management software, and performance
metrics (and dashboards) and tool integration of project controls
- Applies an increasing proficiency in leadership, management,
organizational theory, personal, interpersonal skills in a
"situational leadership" application. Manages project stakeholders
using cognitive ability, personal effectiveness, innovation, value
based decision-making, integrated communication (soft and hard
skills); conflict resolution, and team work
- Capability to efficiently perform duties under stringent
deadlines, schedules, and conditions.
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule.
- Must be able to work in areas of high noise, dust, extreme
temperatures, confined spaces and chemical hazards.
- Must possess a valid motor vehicle operator's license.
- Ability to travel to support project goals and objectives
- All successful applicants will be required to pass the PMP PMI
Project Management certification within either one year of their
hire date or one year after the employee meets the necessary
requirements to qualify for the examination.
Preferred Additional Qualifications for Position
- PMP PMI Project Management Certification; experience in large
industrial Capital Project environments.
The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of
all duties and responsibilities required of the position.
Inclusion & Diversity
Value inclusion within your day to day responsibilities by
respecting others perspectives/convictions, engaging others
opinions, creating a safe environment where people, ideas, and
opinions are valued within your Team/Customers and external
Respect and take into consideration diversity within your
Team/Customers and external work partners by valuing different
world views, challenges, and cultures that represent all walks of
life and all backgrounds.
Treat others with respect and consideration. Actively participate
in creating and contributing to a positive work environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
NiSource is committed to providing equal employment opportunities
in each of its companies to all employees and applicants for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin
or ancestry, veteran status, disability, gender, age, marital
status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information,
or any protected group status as defined by law. Each employee is
expected to abide by this principle.
By applying, you may be considered for other job opportunities.
Promote a safe work environment by actively participating in all
aspects of our employee safety program. Report any unsafe
conditions and take actions to prevent personal injuries. Support
our interdependent safety culture by ensuring the safety of your
co-workers. Stay focused on the task at hand and promote
productivity through good work habits.
Posting Start Date:
Posting End Date (if applicable):
Please note that the job posting will close on the day before the
posting end date.
Keywords: NiSource Inc., Gary , Project Manager, Executive , Valparaiso, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...