Discipline Manager - Mechanical
Company: Middough Inc.
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Middough Inc. - 'TOP WORKPLACES' Award Winner!Mechanical
Discipline Manager - Position and ResponsibilitiesAs a Discipline
Manager (DM) with Middough, you will direct and manage a technical
team to complete assigned project work on time, within budget, and
in accordance with applicable codes/standards and Company work
processes and guidelines. The DM will also assist their team in
solving complex problems through technology, lessons learned,
development of best practices, and will drive all related efforts
in the advancement toward technical and project execution
excellence. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the
- Plan, develop, coordinate and direct technical team to the
successful completion of projects.
- Collaborate with senior management in coordinating work for
- Determine technical team staffing needs in collaboration with
senior management and partner with Human Resources to source and
interview technical talent.
- Mentor and coach team members using best practices, supportive
behavior, and training tools.
- Provide support and input for client proposals, SOQs, and
- Apply Company work processes to provide quality checks and
reviews of all assigned projects.
- Manage quality and accuracy standards and review/approve
completed technical deliverables.
- Perform technical analysis and solutions for complex or unique
projects. Secure peer reviews to help guarantee quality services
and projects are produced per client, industry, and Company
- Utilize scheduling and earned value tool(s) to help ensure
forecasting is predictable and projects are completed on time and
- Develop and maintain professional client relationships by
providing valued technical and managerial solutions.
- Actively support business development activities in
collaboration with senior project manager.
- Adhere to and administer corporate policies.
- Develop team member development plans and objectives.Education,
Experience and SkillsThe successful candidate will possess the
- Accredited Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Professional Engineering license in Mechanical Engineering
- 15+ years of engineering experience in Mechanical Engineering
in refining, chemical, metals, and/or power industries with
experience in at least two of the following areas:
- Equipment design & specification pressure and rotating process
- ASME S8D1 pressure vessel design, evaluation, & FFS.
- Industrial ventilation/environmental pollution controls.
- Design and specification of material handling systems &
- Stress and flow analysis of piping in refinery/chemical and/or
- Advanced mechanical evaluation using FEA or CFD engineering
- Welding and Metallurgy design.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Ability to multi-task and be highly organized for effective
project planning and completion.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.Physical
RequirementsThe characteristics described below are representative
of those encountered while performing the essential functions of
this position. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing duties of this position, the successful candidate
- Remain in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for
- Frequently walk, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs,
balance, stoop or kneel, use repeating motions that may include the
wrists/hands/fingers and talk and hear.
- Frequently use up-close vision, distance vision, depth
perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Should not expect adverse environmental conditions within
- May be exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as
climbing ladders and/or stairs, extreme heat and/or cold, and/or
poor air quality) if or when on-site at a client facility. Noise
levels may be moderate to high at various client sites, hearing
protection may be required and/or provided. Safety protections to
be provided by the client and/or company and are required to be
used and followed.
- May require occasional car or air travel to other company
locations or client sites.
- This position requires the candidate/employee to possess and
maintain a valid driver's license in their state of residence.About
MiddoughMiddough Inc. (Middough), founded in 1950, is a leading
professional engineering, architecture and project solutions
company providing services to a broad spectrum of Fortune 500
clients in nine core industries with offices across the Central,
Midwest and Northeast regions. Our diversified team is our greatest
asset, and they are challenged with a large variety of interesting
projects, management and technical development opportunities and
team building experiences. - Middough employs the best and
brightest individuals who share our passion for excellence and who
are dedicated to client satisfaction, quality service, safety
awareness and professional development.What Middough OffersWe offer
a growth and learning culture which encourages and supports
employee development through a wide variety of tools and resources
such as the company Learning Management System, Middough Learning
Center. Middough provides an opportunity to bring your talents and
expertise to a successful and growing organization for your career
advancement goals. Additionally, we offer a highly competitive
compensation and the following comprehensive benefits package,
based on eligibility and plan terms/changes:
- A hybrid work model for work-life flexibility (based on
business and client needs)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Company paid Short/Long Term Disability, Life, AD&D, and
- Health Saving and Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off, Company Paid Holidays
- Tuition Assistance
- Paid Certifications and Registrations (as applicable)
- Employee Assistance ProgramMiddough participates in the
Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Social Security
Administration (SSA) E-Verify program to confirm work
authorization.Equal Opportunity EmploymentWe are an equal
opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We provide
equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for
employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity,
sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin,
age, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or
genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or
other non-merit based factors or any other protected characteristic
under protected by federal, state, or local laws. Middough does not
support sponsorship for any applicant that requires an employment
visa (i.e., H-1B) to work lawfully in the US.
Keywords: Middough Inc., Gary , Discipline Manager - Mechanical, Executive , Merrillville, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...