Company: The Methodist Hospitals
Posted on: September 13, 2020
Under direction, to perform work providing medical services to
patients within the scope of their license to practice in the State
of Indiana in a physician office practice setting.PRINCIPAL DUTIES
AND RESPONSIBILITIES(*Essential Functions)
- Assists in identifying potential areas of program development,
developing strategic implementation plan, identifying, implementing
and coordinating program development objectives from the clinical
and nursing perspective, continuous monitoring and implementation
of the most efficient and effective patient care systems, designing
and implementing of clinical research and quality improvement
- Identifies patient educational needs and designs and implements
a comprehensive patient education plan.
- Performs a complete physical exam, including the complete
system on patients identifying abnormalities and changes, and
documents findings in the patients chart and relays pertinent
information to the physician.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Provides leadership and direction for the program and office
staff, and mentors office staff , providing leadership and
- Supports the activities of the medical director, physicians,
and Supervisor of Operations through consultation and direct
patient care activities in physician office settings.JOB
- KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills necessary to provide care
appropriate to the adolescent, young adult, middle adult and
geriatric patient served within the service line.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles of growth and
development over the life span.
- Demonstrates a high degree of independent action, constantly
seeks new information and sources.
- Professional leadership evident through membership and active
involvement in the professional community and organizations.
- Ability to assess and interpret data about the patients status
in order to identify each patient's age specific needs and to
provide the care needed by the adolescent, young adult, middle
adult and geriatric patient groups serviced.
- Ability to update and maintain current knowledge based through
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Graduation from a recognized college or university of nurse
- Bachelors Nursing Required
- 3 Healthcare/Medical - Nurse Practitioner Preferred
- Licensed Nurse Practitioner STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR Meets the
Standards of Behavior as outlined in Personnel Policy and Procedure
#1, Employee Relations Code. CONFIDENTIALITY/HIPAA/CORPORATE
COMPLIANCE Demonstrates knowledge of procedures for protecting and
maintaining security, confidentiality and integrity of employee,
patient, family, organizational and other medical information.
Understands and supports the commitment of Methodist Hospitals in
adhering to federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations
governing ethical business practices for healthcare providers.
DISCLAIMER - The above statements are intended to describe the
general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned
to this job. The statements are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills
Keywords: The Methodist Hospitals, Gary , NURSE PRACTITIONER-NPE, Healthcare , Gary, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!