Company: The Methodist Hospitals
Posted on: September 13, 2020
Under general supervision, to perform work providing support of
the primary care provider and team by providing patient care and
assisting with procedures, patient care follow-up, and maintenance
of patient flow. Interacts with internal departments, businesses,
insurance companies and billing services.PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND
- Assists in urgent and emergent medical situations, and obtains
and operates emergency equipment.
- Assists provider in assuring patient follow-up processes, i.e.,
referrals, lab, obtaining patient education materials.
- Assists with management of patient flow ensuring rooms are
efficiently utilized and patient wait time is minimized.
- Cleans, prepares, and stocks all patient exam areas and
- Assists with the maintenance of essential ambulatory equipment,
instruments and supplies; assists in the care, cleaning and
sterilization of equipment and instruments; and assists in
maintaining the inventory of medical supplies.
- Documents patient care information per policies and procedures
in the medical record.
- Obtains vital signs, identifies reason for visit and prepares
patients for visit.
- Performs basic testing procedures, i.e., EKG, urine dipstick
and pregnancy tests, and administers injections as ordered by the
- Prepares and supports patient, and assists the provider with
medical procedures.JOB SPECIFICATIONS(Minimum Requirements)
- KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- General knowledge and skills necessary to provide appropriate
- Knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the
- Knowledge of procedures for maintaining safety of the
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Proficient operational knowledge of equipment and infection
- Demonstrated professional courtesy and non-judgmental.
- Effective interpersonal, oral and written communication
- Ability to recognize a medical emergency and to provide care
under stressful and emergent circumstances.
- Ability to assess and interpret data about the patient's status
in order to identify each patient's age specific needs and provide
the care needed by the group serviced.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work with
employees/providers at all levels and with external parties.
- Ability to respond to the patient's needs, and the ability to
empathize and provide compassionate patient care.
- CERTIFIED/REGISTERED Medical Assistant, through a nationally
recognized association (AAMA; AMT), is required within 6 months of
hire or within 6 months of March 1, 2017. EDUCATION
- High School Diploma/GED Equivalent Required
- 1 Healthcare/Medical - Medial Assistant Required
- Certified Cardiac Pulmonary Resuscitation
- Certified or Registered as a Medical Assistant through a
nationally recognized association. STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR Meets the
Standards of Behavior as outlined in Personnel Policy and Procedure
#1, Employee Relations Code. CONFIDENTIALITY/HIPAA/CORPORATE
COMPLIANCE Demonstrates knowledge of procedures for protecting and
maintaining security, confidentiality and integrity of employee,
patient, family, organizational and other medical information.
Understands and supports the commitment of Methodist Hospitals in
adhering to federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations
governing ethical business practices for healthcare providers.
DISCLAIMER - The above statements are intended to describe the
general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned
to this job. The statements are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills
Keywords: The Methodist Hospitals, Gary , MEDICAL ASSISTANT-DRA, Healthcare , Gary, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!