CERTIFIED NURSE MIDWIFE
Company: The Methodist Hospitals
Posted on: November 16, 2020
This position is an advanced practice registered nurse who
provides management of women's health care, focusing particularly
on pregnancy, child birth, postpartum, care of newborn, and family
planning services.PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES(*Essential
- Assesses and manages chronic, minor, acute and women's
- Collaborates with appropriate Physicians in the case of
unstable, severely ill, or complex patient.
- Communicates and works collaboratively with nursing personnel,
support staff, management and administration.
- Orders and interprets diagnostic testing, treatments and
medications according to established guidelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Performs uncomplicated vaginal deliveries.
- Provides general antepartum care, intrapartum and postpartum
care.JOB SPECIFICATIONS(Minimum Requirements)
- KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Current Drug Enforcement Administration License (DEA), NRP
- Knowledge of sterile technique.
- Knowledge of professional nursing theory clinical practice
standards, normal maternal/fetal growth and development, and
requirements of nurse midwifery practices.
- Effective communication skills with staff members and
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in
- Demonstrates problem-solving techniques.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload, and to work and
function in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to perform total patient assessments.
- Ability to function with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Must be able to render care with compassion and
- Masters Nursing Required
- Masters Healthcare Related Field Required
- Licensed Midwife
- Certified Cardiac Pulmonary ResuscitationSTANDARDS OF
BEHAVIORMeets the Standards of Behavior as outlined in Personnel
Policy and Procedure #1, Employee Relations
knowledge of procedures for protecting and maintaining security,
confidentiality and integrity of employee, patient, family,
organizational and other medical information. Understands and
supports the commitment of Methodist Hospitals in adhering to
federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations governing
ethical business practices for healthcare providers.DISCLAIMER -
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job.
The statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive
list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Keywords: The Methodist Hospitals, Gary , CERTIFIED NURSE MIDWIFE, Healthcare , Gary, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!