SURGICAL TECHNICIAN CERTIFIED
Company: The Methodist Hospitals
Posted on: November 23, 2020
Under direction, to perform work by providing technical
assistance to surgeon by passing instruments, assuring the
functioning of instruments, and keeping instruments free of debris
during surgical procedures. This position shares responsibility for
patient safety in accordance with the policy and procedure for
sponge, needle and instrument counts.PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND
RESPONSIBILITIES (*Essential Functions)
- Performs scrubbing duties for all surgical preparation,
according to standards, which includes, but is not limited to, all
specialties, such as General, Gynecology, Urology, Neurology,
Orthopedics, Cardiovascular, Plastic/ENT, etc.
- Sets up the operating room in accordance with instructions and
physician special requests.
- Ensure the operating room is cleaned and setup for turnover to
the next procedure.
- Restocks rooms with supplies and notifies leadership if items
are running short or if there are any quality problems.
- Organizes equipment and ensure equipment is placed in an
orderly, neat and clean area for use by physicians and other
- Other duties as requested and assigned.JOB SPECIFICATIONS
- High School graduation or GED equivalent is required.
- One (1) year of Surgical Technician work experience is
- Successful completion of an accredited Surgical Technology
Program is required.
- Certification of Surgical Technologist (CST) is required.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to work under required deadlines and schedules, while
being flexible to special requests and projects.
- Ability to professionally handle stressful situations.
- Excellent verbal and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated professional, courteous, positive attitude and
assertive but not aggressive.WORKING CONDITIONS
- Exposed to standing long periods of time and unpleasant odors
and sights. May have some loud noises and exposed to communicable
diseases. Exposed to hazardous materials and heavy lifting and
pushing which could be strenuous.
- Will work assigned shifts, rotate days, and evenings and take
call as scheduled.
- Must have full use of upper and lower extremities with
proficient manual dexterity.
- Hearing and visual acuity necessary. Must be able to sit or
stand for long periods of time and mobilize to various service
areas.STANDARDS OF BEHAVIORMeets the Standards of Behavior as
outlined in Personnel Policy and Procedure #1, Employee Relations
Code.AGE SPECIFIC COMPETENCIESDemonstrates knowledge and skills
necessary to provide services appropriate to neonate, pediatric,
adolescent, young adults, middle adults and geriatric patients.
Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development
over the life span.NATIONAL PATIENT SAFETY GOALSDemonstrates
knowledge of operational policies and procedures related to patient
and facility safety. Performs work safely and in accordance with
National Patient Safety Goals, without causing harm or risk to
self, others or property. Recognizes safety hazards and takes
corrective action when necessary.CONFIDENTIALITY/HIPAA/CORPORATE
COMPLIANCEDemonstrates knowledge of procedures for protecting and
maintaining security, confidentiality and integrity of employee,
patient, family, organizational and other medical information.
Understands and supports the commitment of Methodist Hospitals in
adhering to federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations
governing ethical business practices for healthcare
providers.DISCLAIMER - The above statements are intended to
describe the general nature and level of work being performed by
people assigned to this job. The statements are not intended to be
construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and
Keywords: The Methodist Hospitals, Gary , SURGICAL TECHNICIAN CERTIFIED, Healthcare , Gary, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!