Company: Franciscan Health Michigan City
Location: Michigan City
Posted on: May 6, 2021
WHAT WE NEEDAccurate multi-taskersWHO WE ARE LOOKING FORA
hospital pharmacy is a busy place. Without the support of a
hands-on Pharmacy Tech, it would be hard for the Pharmacist to get
the job done. This team player keeps meds stocked, verifies and
delivers orders, handles computer entry work and much more. If you
love keeping busy, this is the job for you.Are you able to follow
directions accurately and in a timely manner? Can you provide
pleasant service to doctors, nurses and patients? Are you a good
listener? If so, we have an active job waiting just for you.WHAT
YOU WILL DO
- Enter charges and credits into computer.
- Restocking and checking of Pyxis machines and nursing units
including onsite and offsite units.
- Verify integrity of medications in Pyxis machines / floor stock
- Check for appropriate dating, and stock levels.
- Make routine deliveries of filled medication orders and pick up
new orders to be filled.
- Package and maintain records of medications not
- Assist as a "second check" in the accuracy of the order entry
- Monthly checking of assigned departments for outdates.
- Prepare and deliver intravenous piggyback admixtures.WHAT IT
TAKES TO SUCCEED
- Understand and effectively adjusts to changes in job
conditions, assignments, priorities, and schedules.
- Give full attention to what other people are saying, taking
time to understand the points being made, asking questions as
appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- High attention to detail
- Understand the implications of new information for both current
and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Maintain a positive approach, work cooperatively with others,
and demonstrate a constructive response to criticism.EQUAL
OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYERIt is the policy of Franciscan Alliance to
provide equal employment to its employees and qualified applicants
for employment as otherwise required by an applicable local, state
or Federal law.--Franciscan Alliance reserves a Right of Conscience
objection in the event local, state or Federal ordinances that
violate its values and the free exercise of its religious
rights.--Franciscan Alliance is committed to equal employment
A trusted leader in healthcare. Twelve hospitals. Numerous medical
practices. Nationally recognized Centers of Health Care Excellence.
All focused on providing care for everyone who comes through our
doors. Our Healing Ministry Throughout our 12 hospitals and many
medical practices, we offer a number of nationally recognized
Centers of Health Care Excellence. For 140 years, Franciscan
Alliance has stayed true to our founding mission to care for
everyone who comes through our doors. We treat our patients with
the best possible care by following the guiding ethical values
embodied by our founding congregation, the Sisters of St. Francis
of Perpetual Adoration. Always mindful of our Christian stewardship
to the Roman Catholic Church, we minister with joy, care and
compassion according to the ideals of St. Francis of Assisi and our
founder, Mother Maria Theresia Bonzel. Our healthcare system
carries forth Christ's healing ministry and strengthens the
Catholic health care mission by:
- Providing a broad, coordinated continuum of health care
services with an emphasis on improving the health of persons and
- Treating the mind, body and spirit with holistic and
comprehensive medical options.
- Developing creative structures for health care delivery.
- Being advocates for those in need.
- Identifying and developing our sisters and laity for Franciscan
Keywords: Franciscan Health Michigan City, Gary , Pharmacy Technician, Healthcare , Michigan City, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!