Company: Methodist Hospitals
Posted on: November 19, 2021
We are seeking a patient driven and highly motivated Registered
Nurse to join our Medical Surgical Unit at Methodist Hospitals! We
are offering a sign-on bonus, competitive benefits, PTO, and
salary. Come be a part of a Magnet recognized team at Methodist
Hospitals, and help lead the way to better health.
At Methodist Hospitals our nurses exemplify the INURSE values
through integrity, nursing excellence, unity, respect, scholar, and
evidence based practice.
- Methodist was one of just seventy-four cancer programs in the
nation to receive the American College of Surgeons Commission on
Cancer's Outstanding Achievement Award during its last
- We have been named one of America's Best Breast Centers by the
Women's Choice Awards for four years in a row
- Methodist Hospitals is proud to achieve Magnet recognition, as
this credential reinforces our dedication to quality patient
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES(*Essential
- Administers medications within the scope of practice and the
hospital's policies and procedures.
- Assesses, evaluates, interprets and documents the patients
physical and mental status.
- Identifies patient care requirements by establishing personal
rapport with patients and significant others in a position to
understand care requirements and works to resolve patient problems
through the use of multidisciplinary teams.
- Promotes patient's independence by establishing patient care
goals; teaching patient, and significant others to understand
condition, medications, and self-care skills; answering
- Assures quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards;
measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards;
making or recommending necessary adjustment; following hospital and
nursing division's philosophies and standards of care set by state
board of nursing and other governing agency regulations.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with
procedures, rules, and regulations; calling for assistance from
health care support personnel; protects patient and employees by
adhering to policies and protocols.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping
information confidential; maintains continuity through documenting
and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs in
the electronic medical record.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending
educational workshops; reviewing professional publications;
establishing personal networks; participating in professional
- Completes annual competency and regulatory education.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results
measured by Press Ganey/HCAPS, AIDET, and Model of Care and
JOB SPECIFICATIONS(Minimum Requirements)KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND
- Thorough knowledge of a variety of medical equipment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and critical
- Ability to administer medications per policy and
- Ability to follow the National Patient Safety Goals.
- Ability to interpret lab and diagnostic results as it relates
to patients status.
- Ability to communicate with all disciplines using
- Ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrates courteous, kind and a caring, compassionate,
positive attitude and support to the organization.
- Clinical skills, Bedside Manner, Infection Control, Nursing
Skills, Physiological Knowledge, Administering Medication, Medical
Teamwork, Multi-tasking, Listening, Verbal Communication, Health
Promotion and Maintenance.
- ED/ICU Requirement: ACLS MED SURG AREAS Requirement: BLS
College Diploma Nursing Required
- Bachelors Nursing Preferred
- College Diploma Nursing Required
- 0 years Required
- Licensed Registered Nurse
- Certified Cardiac Pulmonary Resuscitation
STANDARDS OF BEHAVIORMeets the Standards of Behavior as outlined in
Personnel Policy and Procedure #1, Employee Relations
knowledge of procedures for protecting and maintaining security,
confidentiality and integrity of employee, patient, family,
organizational and other medical information. Understands and
supports the commitment of Methodist Hospitals in adhering to
federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations governing
ethical business practices for healthcare providers.DISCLAIMER -
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job.
The statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive
list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Keywords: Methodist Hospitals, Gary , RN-MED/SURG IMCU, Healthcare , Merrillville, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!