LPN Licensed Practical Nurse *$5000.00* SIGN ON BONUS!*
Company: Aperion Care Arbors Michigan City
Location: Michigan City
Posted on: January 15, 2022
*$5000.00* SIGN ON BONUSAvailable Shifts: 10pm-6am FT/PT &
2pm-10pm FT/PTSUMMARY: In need of a LPN or a RN in which the
individual would be responsible for providing direct nursing care
to the residents, and to supervise the day-to-day nursing
activities performed by nursing assistants. Such supervision must
be in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards,
guidelines, and regulations that govern our facility, and as may be
required by the Director of Nursing to ensure that the highest
degree of quality care is maintained at all times. *$5000.00* SIGN
ON BONUSESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- *$5000.00* SIGN ON BONUS Up to $40.00 Hourly*!
- Direct the day-to-day functions of the nursing assistants.
- Meet with your assigned nursing staff, as well as support
personnel, in planning the shift's services, programs and
- Make written & oral reports/recommendations concerning the
activities of the shift as required.
- Admit, transfer and discharge residents as required. Provide
leadership to nursing personnel assigned to your unit/shift.
- Complete & file required recordkeeping forms/charts upon the
resident's admission, transfer and/or discharge.
- Receive & transcribe telephone orders from physicians & record
on the Physician's Order Form.
- Chart nurse's notes in an informative & descriptive manner that
reflects the care provided to the resident, as well as the
resident's response to the care.
- Fill out and complete accident/incident reports & submit to
Director as required.
- Perform routine charting duties as required & in accordance
with established charting & documentation policies &
- Prepare & administer medications as ordered by the
- Develop & maintain a good working rapport with
inter-departmental personnel, as well as other departments within
the facility to ensure that nursing services and activities can be
adequately maintained to meet the needs of the residents.
- Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest
and positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment throughout the
unit and shift.
- Receive/give the nursing report upon reporting in and ending
shift duty hours.
- Make rounds with physicians as necessary.
- Administer professional services such as: catheterization, tube
feedings, suction, applying and changing dressings/bandages, packs,
colostomy, and drainage bags, taking blood, giving massages and
range of motion exercises, etc., as required.
- Monitor your assigned personnel to ensure that they are
following established safety regulations in the use of equipment
- Maintain confidentiality of all resident care information
including protected health information. Report known or suspected
incidents of unauthorized disclosure of such information. Ensure
that all nursing care is provided in privacy and that nursing
service personnel knock before entering the resident's room.
- Provide IV & IV site care as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.QUALIFICATIONS:
- Registered Nurse with current unencumbered state
- Licensed Practical Nurse with current unencumbered state
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English
- Must be able to make independent decisions when circumstances
warrant such action.
- Must be knowledgeable of nursing & medical practices &
procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that
pertain to nursing care facilities.
- Current CPR Certification is required
- Experience in Long Term Care is preferred.PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Be able to move intermittently throughout the workday.
- Must be able to cope with the mental & emotional stress of the
- Must meet the general health requirements set forth by the
policies of this facility, which include a medical & physical
- Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of 25
pounds to a minimum height of 5 feet and able to push, pull, move,
and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of 50 feet.
- May be necessary to assist in the evacuation of residents
during emergency situations.IAMIBlitz
Keywords: Aperion Care Arbors Michigan City, Gary , LPN Licensed Practical Nurse *$5000.00* SIGN ON BONUS!*, Healthcare , Michigan City, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!