Company: Indiana Hemophilia & Thrombosis Center, Inc.
Posted on: May 14, 2022
About IHTCAt the Indiana Hemophilia & Thrombosis Center (IHTC),
we offer a future where people with rare blood disorders flourish.
Our experts provide the highest quality comprehensive services and
holistic care to patients with bleeding, clotting and other
hematologic disorders, and to their families.
What You Will DoAs an Outreach Nurse at the IHTC, you will provide
comprehensive care to IHTC patients that do not reside near the
IHTC. The Outreach Team is a vital player in helping break the
barriers to care many of our patients' face, such as transportation
to Indianapolis. This nurse will provide care to patients in the NW
region of the state (largely Lake County and the surrounding
- Provide nursing assessments, care plan development, infusion
services, home infusion training, disease specific education, home
visits and monitoring of treatment products for home storage;
complete corresponding EMR documentation.
- Serve as liaison to assure coordination of patient care between
IHTC, local providers and the community.
- Works with local providers to provide education, planning and
follow-up regarding patient issues.
- Collaborate with IHTC multidisciplinary team to manage patient
care issues, resolve problems and make referrals to appropriate
- Facilitates diagnostic testing and on-going lab evaluation of
patients and appropriate family members.
- Participates in planning and implementation of IHTC research
projects, outreach clinics and community events.
- Opportunity to work and provide care to people with blood
disorders in your community!
- Minimum Associate's Degree in Nursing, Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 3 years of related experience
- Valid Registered Nurse Licensure in the State of Indiana
- This position requires frequent travel to patient homes,
outreach clinics and IHTC; therefore, a valid driver's license and
insured automobile are required.
- Prior experience with the rare and complex hematological
conditions we treat is not expected; in depth, initial and ongoing
hands-on training is provided.
Why Join Our TeamThe IHTC is a not-for-profit program based in
Indianapolis and offers a competitive salary and benefit
package.The IHTC is the only federally designated comprehensive
hemophilia program in Indiana, and serves the entire state through
services available in Indianapolis and at outreach clinics.The IHTC
is a leader in hemophilia care, education and clinical research and
has a dedicated on-site multidisciplinary staff to ensure
availability of a wide range of required services.The IHTC
participates in national and international clinical research,
including new infusion products and therapies, investigation of
long-term outcomes, and the impact of associated conditions. The
IHTC research program provides patients access to new therapies,
and an opportunity to improve care. Our center has more than 70
clinical research projects involving bleeding disorders, sickle
cell disease, thrombosis and more.The Indiana Hemophilia and
Thrombosis Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Indiana Hemophilia & Thrombosis Center, Inc., Gary , RN, Healthcare , Portage, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!