Certified Medical Assistant (PRN)
Company: Proactive MD
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Job DescriptionPeople are a company's greatest resource, which
is why caring for employees and keeping them healthy is so
important. Proactive MD offers a comprehensive health management
solution that extends well beyond the clinic walls. Access to
on-site physicians, full direct primary care services, and
excellent client support are the hallmarks of our program. By
engaging a workforce and offering them a personal relationship with
a primary care physician, we can deliver measurably better
outcomes, making people happier, healthier, and more productive
while significantly lowering overall medical costs for employers.
We put employees' health first because amazing care yields amazing
results. We are the next generation of workplace health centers.PRN
Hours available. Must be able to travel to these locations:
Merrillville, Valparaiso, Knox, Plymouth, South Central, New
Prairie, E Pulaski, Monticello, Delphi, South NewtonWHAT WE
- Competitive wages with opportunities for performance-based
- A chance to be part of a truly innovative healthcare company
that believes in putting the patient first.JOB SUMMARYThe Medical
Assistant is at the forefront of Proactive MD's clinical operations
and is a champion of our Patient Promise: "We are only and always
about the patient. We Promise to fight for their greatest good."
The duties of this role will include performing clinical functions
as directed by the provider in the clinic.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
- Assists with treatments ordered by provider as supervised by
provider or registered nurse. Performs select clinical duties.
- Interviews patients to measure vital signs and record
information on patients' charts. Prepares treatment rooms for
examination of patients.
- Performs basic clerical duties including answering the phone,
maintaining records, and filing.
- Performs basic materials management functions including
ordering and stocking supplies. Assists with maintaining a clean
and orderly environment.
- May document the provider's encounter with patients. Lists all
proper diagnoses and symptoms, as well as follow-up instructions
and prescriptions, as indicated by the provider. Transcribes
patient orders including, but not limited to, laboratory tests,
radiology tests, and medications.REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, &
- High school diploma or equivalent. Associates degree
- Certification as a Medical Assistant is preferred.
- Current certification in Basic Life Support.
- Ability to draw blood.
- Ability to communicate effectively and maintain working
relationships with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to prioritize needs and plan work accordingly.
- Knowledge of HIPAA.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background checks and drug
screening.Proactive MD is firmly committed to creating a diverse
workplace and is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to
all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual
orientation, ethnicity, national origin, age, disability, genetics,
marital status, amnesty status, or veteran status applicable to
state and federal laws.Powered by JazzHR2a5K7ZvPAJ
Keywords: Proactive MD, Gary , Certified Medical Assistant (PRN), Healthcare , Monticello, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!