Registered Nurse (RN) - PACU $25,000 Sign on Bonus
Company: Northwest Health - La Porte
Posted on: June 24, 2022
The PACU RN is able to render care in accordance with their
skills, ability, and competencies to our patient population, thus
may be required to float to other units. May be required to
participate in on-call status.
- Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN/ASN) required
- Bachelor Degree in Nursing preferred
Licensure & Certification: -
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Indiana
or any other state with evidence of application for Indiana
- BLS certification must be maintained while in this
- ACLS certification must be acquired within 6 months of hire and
maintained while in this position.
- PALS certification preferred
- Certified Nurse Operating Room (CNOR) certificate
- Basic ECG interpretation course preferred
- 2 years ICU experience preferred
Specific nurse duties and responsibilities can include:
- Collecting and prioritizing data relative to immediate
condition and anticipated needs for all perioperative
- Formulates a nursing plan of care for each patient based on
nursing diagnoses/patient problems derived from patient
- Plan care which includes goals and prioritizes nursing
approaches or measures derived from the nursing diagnosis
- Implement strategies to provide the patient in health
promotion, maintenance, and restoration including the following
- Managing patient recovery from anesthesia - general, monitored
anesthesia care, regional, local
- Protecting the patient from injury caused by positioning,
thermal sources, and extraneous objects.
- Evaluate with the patient the status of goal achievement as a
basis for reassessment, re-ordering priorities, new goal setting,
and revision of the plan of nursing care
- Seek educational resources and create learning experiences to
enhance and maintain current knowledge and skills for his or her
continuing competence in nursing practice, and individual
- Delegates nursing care activities to members of the nursing
team based on patient care needs and competencies of available
nursing staff as necessary.
- Communicate information appropriately with Medical Staff and
other members of the health care team to promote continuity of care
and attainment of patient expected outcomes.
- Administers medications providing acute pain and comfort
measures as needed.
- Acting as a patient advocate
- Adapts teaching to the educational level and cognition state of
each patient to promote maximum understanding.
- Communicates effectively with the Charge Nurse, Manager, and
Director to ensure that problems or opportunities to improve unit
activities are addressed.
- Consistently provides outstanding service to all patients,
physicians, fellow employees, and guests as appropriate to the
- Document nursing care completely, accurately, and
- Actively participates in department committees and group
meetings with a focus on providing input to improve the quality of
- Consistently demonstrates behavior that reflects that working
as a team is more important than self-interest.
- Protects confidentiality of patients/co-workers, respecting
their dignity, privacy, and differences
To apply, please email: email@example.com -ExperiencePreferred
- 1 year of Surgical Services nursing hospital experience within
the last two years preferredEducationRequired
- Associates or betterLicenses & CertificationsRequired
- L-IN-RN LicensePreferred
- C-AHA ACLS
- C-AHA BLS Basic Cardiac
Keywords: Northwest Health - La Porte, Gary , Registered Nurse (RN) - PACU $25,000 Sign on Bonus, Healthcare , Hobart, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!