Company: Marram Health Center of Hebron
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Marram Health Center of Hebron - Marram Health Center is seeking
a Medical Assistant to perform a variety of administrative and
clinical tasks to assist physicians and other health providers in
delivering safe and effective medical care.
Marram Health Center is a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC)
with two offices in Gary and Hebron. Marram Health Center is
affiliated with Porter-Starke Services, Inc., a Community Mental
Health Center (CMHC) based in Valparaiso that serves northwest
Indiana with additional offices in Portage, Knox, and LaPorte.
COVID-19 considerations: Per Federal CMS COVID-19 vaccine
requirements, all Porter-Starke Services employees must be fully
vaccinated against COVID-19 or request and be approved for a valid
religious or medical exemption before they can begin
- 401K w/ 20% company matching
- 11 paid holidays
- Competitive wages
- Generous PTO
- Employee discounts (cell phone service & YMCA)
- Employee referral program
- HSA/FSA accounts
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Tuition assistance and loan repayments
- Casual Fridays
- Company paid life insurance policy
- Company paid long term disability
- Optional insurances (short term disability)
- Employee recognition events
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free health screenings
Learn more about Porter-Starke Services, Inc. & Marram Health
Center by visiting our website-
- Take patient vital signs, draw blood, take medical history,
monitor patient charts, and assess patient needs.
- Execute general laboratory services and procedures, such as
triage, phlebotomy, immunizations, other injections, submission of
specimens, and tracking results.
- Collect patient information and assessment data, including
- Organize patient care based on findings of initial
- Monitor patient status and report abnormal findings or changes
- Maintain and use principles of infection control when
performing clinical tasks.
- Follow up with patients regarding abnormal lab results and
schedule appointments with specialists.
- Respond to patient phone calls; schedule appointments.
- Assist provider with on-site procedures.
- Prepare and administer medications as directed by
- Pull charts for provider review.
- Add codes to medical charts, correct incorrect or incomplete
codes for insurance; assure accuracy of patient file.
- Arrange for outpatient procedures and obtain prior
- Collect reports on procedures/labs conducted by hospitals and
- Arrange for sufficient and appropriate supplies in exam
- Order, stock and maintain exam rooms and clinic area with
standard levels of supplies.
- Attends and participates in in-service education.
- Answer patient calls on a wide range of topics, at any time of
- Other duties as assigned
- Position may assist at other Marram Health Center locations
depending on need and schedule.
- Possess strong computer skills including proficiency in Excel
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication
- Possess strong organizational skills
- Proficient in correct English usage, spelling and
- Proficient in oral and written communication
- Excellent documentation skills
- Must be certified Medical Assistant
- High School Diploma required.
- Graduate of an accredited program for Medical Assistant program
- At least two years experience as Medical Assistant
- Previous experience working with clients in a Federally
Qualified Health Center is preferred.
Keywords: Marram Health Center of Hebron, Gary , Medical Assistant, Healthcare , Hebron, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!