Registered Nurse (RN) $8,000 SIGN ON BONUS
Company: Lincolnshire Health and Rehabilitation Center
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Covid vaccine required
Purpose of Your Job Position:
The primary purpose of your position is the provision of nursing
care and treatment to residents as assigned and under the direction
of the Director of Nursing. - All services provided shall be in
accordance with established nursing standards, policies,
procedures, and practices of this facility and the requirements of
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of
this position. - However, it in no way states or implies that these
are the only duties you will be required to perform. - The omission
of specific statements or duties does not exclude them from the
position if the work is similar, related, or is an essential
function of this position.
1. - - - - Demonstrate understanding and utilize nursing policies
and procedures in the administration of resident care.
2. - - - - Direct day-to-day functions of the nursing assistants in
accordance with current rules, regulations and guidelines that
3. - - - - Ensure that all nursing personnel assigned to you comply
with the written policy and procedures established by the
4. - - - - Ensure that residents and families receive the highest
quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere.
5. - - - - Meet with assigned staff to plan the shifts, services,
programs and activities.
6. - - - - Follow facility's guidelines for reporting all activity
during scheduled shift.
7. - - - - Assist in facility surveys (inspections) conducted by
authorized government agencies.
8. - - - - Admit, transfer, and discharge residents consistent with
9. - - - - Attend all required training programs.
10. - Complete all required documentation pertaining to resident's
admission, transfer and/or discharge.
11. - Receive and accurately transcribe telephone orders from
Physicians and record on the Physicians' Order Sheet.
12. - Complete all required documentation pertaining to accidents,
incidents, unusual occurrences and changes in resident's condition
in a timely and accurate manner.
13. - Report all discrepancies noted concerning physician's order,
diet change, charting error and etc. to the DON/designee.
14. - Document in the resident's medical record consistent with
standards of care and state and federal requirements.
15. - Review and complete the 24 Hour Report as required by policy
16. - Ensure that narcotic records are completed consistent with
standard nursing practice. -
17. - Notify DON/designee of any drug and narcotic discrepancies
noted on your shift.
18. - Properly maintain all medications per applicable policies and
19. - Order, prepare and administer medications/treatments as
ordered by physician.
20. - Report medication/treatment events to DON/designee.
21. - Develop work assignments and/or assist in completing and
performing such assignments as needed.
22. - Develop and maintain a good working rapport with
inter-departmental personnel as well as other departments within
the facility to ensure that nursing services and additional
services/activities are adequately maintained in order to meet the
needs of the residents.
23. - Receive/give nursing report at the beginning and end of each
24. - Report occupational exposures to blood, body fluids,
infectious materials, and hazardous chemicals in accordance with
the facility's policies and procedures.
25. - Perform nursing duties pertaining to pre-admission, admission
and discharge of residents.
26. - Make rounds throughout the shift in order to continuously
monitor and assess residents conditions including but not limited
to residents noted on the 24 Hour Report. -
27. - Make rounds with physicians as necessary.
28. - Consult with physicians with regard to resident's care and
perform and/or coordinate resident treatments as ordered the
29. - Make periodic checks to ensure that prescribed treatments are
properly administered and to evaluate the resident's physical and
30. - Encourage and assist in coordinating resident participation
in social and activity programs.
31. - Notify the resident's physician, family and DON/designee when
the resident is involved in an accident or incident or when there
is a change in a resident's condition.
32. - Maintain the nursing station, medication rooms, medication
carts and general treatment areas in a clean, orderly and safe
33. - Administer standard nursing services including but not
limited to catheterizations, tube feedings, suction, applying and
changing dressings/bandages, packs, colostomy and drainage bags and
other services as required.
34. - Ensure that resident care is provided in accordance with the
resident's treatment plan and general wishes.
35. - Ensure that all call lights are answered timely.
36. - Monitor assigned personnel to ensure they are following
established safety regulations in the use of equipment and
37. - Ensure that all resident rooms are maintained in a clean,
safe and sanitary manner.
38. - Comply with the facility's infection control program.
39. - Ensure that adequate supplies are maintained such as
medications, medical supplies, equipment, etc., in order to meet
the needs of residents.
40. - Participate in the ongoing training and implementation of
policies pertaining to the safe operation of all nursing service
41. - Ensure that only trained and authorized personnel operate
42. - Review treatment plan to ensure that appropriate and
consistent care is being rendered.
43. - Comply with facility's policies pertaining to resident's
44. - Maintain the confidentiality of all resident information
45. - Report and investigate all allegations of resident abuse
and/or misappropriation of resident's property.
46. - Responsible to supervise day-to-day activities of assigned
1. - - - - Education:
- - - - - - - Must possess either a current Indiana LPN or RN
license in good standing
- - - - - - - Must be a practical nurse licensed.
- - - - - - - Must be a registered nurse licensed.
2. - - - - Experience:
None required. On the job-training provided.
3. - - - - Specific Requirements:
- - - - - - - Possess the ability to make independent decisions
when circumstances warrants such action.
- - - - - - - Possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel,
patients, family members, visitors, and the general public.
- - - - - - - Be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- - - - - - - Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition and
enthusiasm, as well as be willing to handle patients based on
whatever maturity level they are currently functioning.
- - - - - - - Possess the ability to seek out new methods and
principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing nursing
4. - - - - Physical Requirements:
- - - - - - - Must be able to move intermittently throughout the
- - - - - - - Must be able to speak the English language in an
- - - - - - - Must be able to cope with mental and emotional stress
of the position.
- - - - - - - Must possess sight/hearing senses, or use prosthetics
that will enable these senses to function adequately so that the
requirements of this position can be fully met.
- - - - - - - Must function independently, have flexibility,
personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with
patients, personnel, and support agencies.
- - - - - - - Must be in good general health and demonstrate
- - - - - - - Must be able to relate to and work with ill,
disabled, emotionally upset, and at times hostile people within the
- - - - - - - May be required to lift patients, medical equipment,
5. - - - - Working Conditions:
- - - - - - - Works throughout the nursing service areas (i.e.,
resident rooms, shower rooms, nursing units, activity areas, dining
- - - - - - - Moves intermittently throughout working hours.
- - - - - - - Is subject to frequent interruptions.
- - - - - - - Is involved with residents, family members, visitors,
government agencies/personnel, co-workers, supervisors and
- - - - - - - Is subject to emotionally upset and difficult
residents, family members, staff and visitors.
- - - - - - - Communicates with the nursing team, nursing
management and staff from supporting departments on a frequent
- - - - - - - Works beyond regular working hours and on weekends
and holidays when assigned and/or when necessary.
- - - - - - - Is subject to call-back in the event of emergency
conditions such as severe weather, post-disaster, etc.
- - - - - - - Attends and participates in continuing educational
- - - - - - - Is subject to exposure to infectious diseases,
conditions, etc, including TB and the AIDS, HIV and Hepatitis
- - - - - - - May be subject to the handling of and exposure to
Keywords: Lincolnshire Health and Rehabilitation Center, Gary , Registered Nurse (RN) $8,000 SIGN ON BONUS, Healthcare , Merrillville, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!