CERTIFIED NURSING ASSIST-MED/SURG IMCU
Company: The Methodist Hospitals
Posted on: January 26, 2023
All Hospital staff starting after March 15, 2022 will be
required to have received, one dose of a single-dose vaccine or
at least the first dose of a multiple-dose vaccine series, or have
been granted a qualifying exemption, or identified as having a
temporary delay as recommended by the CDC prior to providing any
care, treatment or other services for the Hospital
and/or its patients. The vaccine will be administered by the
Hospital if the new staff member does not provide a valid
vaccination card.Under the supervision of the licensed nursing
staff, provides direct patient care to assigned patients to assure
patient comfort, safety and hygiene needs.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES(*Essential Functions)
- Assists patients with basic patient care related tasks,
including bathing, toileting, dressing, grooming, feeding,
transferring, ambulating, transporting and making beds.
- Cleans and maintains equipment, patient rooms, and other areas
- Measures and records vital signs to include blood pressure,
temperature, pulse, respirations, glucometer, oxygen saturation,
weight intake and output, and food consumption.
- Reports on patient's status changes or requests to licensed
nursing staff as observed during rounding and answering the call
- Documents patient care information per policies and procedures
in the medical record.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS(Minimum Requirements)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to clearly communicate patient's status and care issues
to Licensed Nursing Staff.
- Ability to verbally communicate with patients, families, the
public and other staff of the department.
- Ability to complete assigned tasks independently.
- High School Diploma/GED Equivalent Required
- 1 Healthcare/Medical - Nurse: Assistant Preferred
- Certified Nursing Assistant Certified
- Cardiac Pulmonary Resuscitation
STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR
Meets the Standards of Behavior as outlined in Personnel Policy and
Procedure #1, Employee Relations Code.
Demonstrates knowledge of procedures for protecting and maintaining
security, confidentiality and integrity of employee, patient,
family, organizational and other medical information. Understands
and supports the commitment of Methodist Hospitals in adhering to
federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations governing
ethical business practices for healthcare providers.
DISCLAIMER - The above statements are intended to describe the
general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned
to this job. The statements are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills
Keywords: The Methodist Hospitals, Gary , CERTIFIED NURSING ASSIST-MED/SURG IMCU, Healthcare , Merrillville, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!