Posted on: January 27, 2023
OverviewAll Hospital staff starting after March 15, 2022 will be
required to have received, one dose of a single-dose vaccine orat
least the first dose of a multiple-dose vaccine series, or have
been granted a qualifying exemption, or identified as having
atemporary delay as recommended by the CDC prior to providing any
care, treatment or other services for the Hospitaland/or its
patients. The vaccine will be administered by the Hospital if the
new staff member does not provide a validvaccination card.Promotes
and restores patients' health by completing the nursing process;
collaborating with physicians and multidisciplinary team members;
providing physical and psychological support to patients, friends,
and families; supervising assigned team members; and utilizes
evidence based practice. Maintains a cooperative relationship among
health care teams by communicating information; responding to
requests; building rapport; participating in team problem-solving
methods; establishes a compassionate environment by providing
emotional, psychological, and spiritual support in accordance with
our mission statement. Exemplifies the INURSE values through
integrity, nursing excellence, unity, respect, scholar, and
evidence based practice. Contributes to the operation of the
department by maintaining equipment; completing preventive
maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions;
troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining
equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques;
maintains nursing supplies inventory by anticipating needed
supplies and using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish
job results.ResponsibilitiesPRINCIPAL DUTIES AND
- Administers medications within the scope of practice and the
hospital's policies and procedures.
- Assesses, evaluates, interprets and documents the patients
physical and mental status.
- Identifies patient care requirements by establishing personal
rapport with patients and significant others in a position to
understand care requirements and works to resolve patient problems
through the use of multidisciplinary teams.
- Promotes patient's independence by establishing patient care
goals; teaching patient, and significant others to understand
condition, medications, and self-care skills; answering
- Assures quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards;
measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards;
making or recommending necessary adjustment; following hospital and
nursing division's philosophies and standards of care set by state
board of nursing and other governing agency regulations.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with
procedures, rules, and regulations; calling for assistance from
health care support personnel; protects patient and employees by
adhering to policies and protocols.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping
information confidential; maintains continuity through documenting
and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs in
the electronic medical record.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending
educational workshops; reviewing professional publications;
establishing personal networks; participating in professional
- Completes annual competency and regulatory education.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results
measured by Press Ganey/HCAPS, AIDET, and Model of Care and
Requirements)KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Thorough knowledge of a variety of medical equipment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and critical
- Ability to administer medications per policy and
- Ability to follow the National Patient Safety Goals.
- Ability to interpret lab and diagnostic results as it relates
to patients status.
- Ability to communicate with all disciplines using SBAR.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrates courteous, kind and a caring, compassionate,
positive attitude and support to the organization.
- Clinical skills, Bedside Manner, Infection Control, Nursing
Skills, Physiological Knowledge, Administering Medication, Medical
Teamwork, Multi-tasking, Listening, Verbal Communication, Health
Promotion and Maintenance.
- ED/ICU Requirement: ACLS MED SURG AREAS Requirement: BLS
College Diploma Nursing RequiredEDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, & LICENSURE
- Bachelors Nursing Preferred
- College Diploma Nursing Required
- 3 Years Experience in Med Surg/Critical Care Required
- Licensed Registered Nurse
- Certified Cardiac Pulmonary ResuscitationSTANDARDS OF
BEHAVIORMeets the Standards of Behavior as outlined in Personnel
Policy and Procedure #1, Employee Relations
knowledge of procedures for protecting and maintaining security,
confidentiality and integrity of employee, patient, family,
organizational and other medical information. Understands and
supports the commitment of Methodist Hospitals in adhering to
federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations governing
ethical business practices for healthcare providers.DISCLAIMER -
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job.
The statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive
list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Keywords: UNAVAILABLE, Gary , RN-HOME HLTH, Healthcare , Merrillville, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!