Posted on: January 27, 2023
Under direction, to provide direct nursing care to a select group
of patients, while coordinating nursing services with other
hospital service areas, to ensure comprehensive and quality
service. Functions include applying the nursing process in the
delivery of patient care, assessing the patient's clinical
condition while prescribing appropriate nursing actions to meet the
needs of the patient, assuring quality patient care utilizing
standards of practice established by the Patient Care Services,
providing educational opportunities to patients and other
significant individuals. Close interaction with community services,
support groups and other groups, both within and outside the
hospital property. The nurse must demonstrate knowledge of the
principles of growth and development over the life span.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES(*Essential Functions)
- Administers medications accurately and performs treatments
based on hospital patient care standards, policies, and
- Administers quality patient care using current theory and
nursing practice principles and is able to perform a neurological
examination in preparation for physician interaction.
- Attends to patient and family's physical and education needs
related to disease process, and performs ongoing physical
surveillance in post procedural recovery areas.
- Interacts with pharmaceutical companies to order prescriptions
- Maintains clinical and technical skills of neuroscience
- Performs basic laboratory preparation, venipunctures, specimen
collection, and waived testing procedures.
- Provides accurate information for reimbursement, medical
necessity, disability qualifications, and payer validations,
- Reports pertinent patient observations, reactions, and outcomes
to appropriate person (i.e. physician, nurse practitioner, charge
nurse, department supervisor, etc.), in a timely manner.
- Provides written observation accurately and concisely with
JOB SPECIFICATIONS(Minimum Requirements)KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND
- Excellent organizational, and communication skills, both oral
- Excellent computer skills and the ability to use a laptop
computer and type proficiently.
- Ability to work independently, in a team environment, and to
prioritize a heavy workload.
- Demonstrates a courteous and positive attitude, respect towards
others, and compassion as a patient caregiver.
- CNRN, MSCN or SCRN certification is preferred.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Associates Degree in Nursing Required
- Bachelors Degree in Nursing Preferred
- 2 Years Experience in Nursing Required
- 2 Years Experience -in Healthcare/Medical - Neuro Science Nurse
- Licensed Registered Nurse
- Certified Cardiac Pulmonary Resuscitation
STANDARDS OF BEHAVIORMeets the Standards of Behavior as outlined in
Personnel Policy and Procedure #1, Employee Relations
knowledge of procedures for protecting and maintaining security,
confidentiality and integrity of employee, patient, family,
organizational and other medical information. Understands and
supports the commitment of Methodist Hospitals in adhering to
federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations governing
ethical business practices for healthcare providers.DISCLAIMER -
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job.
The statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive
list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Keywords: Nurse.com, Gary , RN-NEUROSCIENCE-PART TIME, Healthcare , Merrillville, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!