Certified Nursing Assistant Program Instructor
Company: 21st Century Charter School at Gary
Posted on: February 9, 2024
About Us:21st Century Charter School at Gary is a part of a
network of high-quality public charter schools that deliver the
innovative GEO Academies model developed by the GEO Foundation. It
joins Gary Middle College and GEO Next Generation High School
Indianapolis in delivering a high-quality learning experience to
parents and students in Indiana. 21st Century Charter School is a
tuition-free, public charter school that serves students in grades
K-12. Our dedicated faculty are committed to providing an
outstanding education for students each day as they transition from
elementary school to middle school to high school and COLLEGE.
Through our partnership with local colleges and universities, our
students will be able to take dual credit courses on the college
campus to earn college and career credits at no cost to the
student. Our curriculum and our teaching methods are designed using
Core Knowledge, Teach Like a Champion and blended learning model.
- Provides instruction for Nursing Assistant courses and
maintains course documentation and related Nursing Assistant
- Meets with each student to evaluate their clinical experience
and provide each student with suggestions for improvement and
- Plan, select, prepare and implement appropriate active learning
activities to meet all course competencies.
- Follows all policies and procedures of the clinical site and
works in collaboration with the CNA Program Coordinator and
facility staff to provide appropriate clinical assignments,
experiences, and skill competencies per CNA course curriculum.
- Prepare, and/or select and utilize reliable and valid formative
and summative in-class assessment tools/techniques to measure
students' achievement of course competencies.
- Distribute, in written form, course competencies, performance
criteria, established approved grading procedures and standards,
attendance and class policies/procedures, and other necessary
information to students at the beginning of the course.
- Deliver instruction using active learning methods which
accommodate different learning styles.
- Provide guidance and advice to students as regarding course
progress, program areas, or other academic concerns.
- Maintains confidential, accurate, and comprehensive records of
students (attendance and skills assessments).
- Ability to plan, select, prepare and implement appropriate
active learning activities to meet all course competencies.
- Ability to develop, utilize and/or update course competence and
- Good oral/written communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other colleagues and
- Working knowledge of computer concepts. REQUIRED
- Must meet State and Federal certification requirements for
nursing assistant instructor
- 2 years or 4000 hours of long-term care experience in home care
or a long-term care facility
- Bachelor's in nursing degree or higher with an active indiana
Registered Nurse license.
- Two years teaching experience (include teaching of Nursing
Assistant courses) preferred but will accept applications from
applicants that have completed the Department of Health Services
(DHS) approved Train the Trainer program.
Keywords: 21st Century Charter School at Gary, Gary , Certified Nursing Assistant Program Instructor, Healthcare , Gary, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!