Pakhurst - Hourly Catering Supervisor
Company: Eat'n Park Hospitality Group
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Parkhurst Dining, part of the Eat'n Park Hospitality Group, is a
family owned, family run company that provides culinary, dining and
catering services to over 65 organizations and universities east of
the Mississippi.We believe that food is best when made from scratch
with locally sourced ingredients, prepared with heart, & served
with a smile.This culinary experience is uniquely and authentically
Parkhurst.If you've been searching for a place where you can do
what you love, love what you do and have room to grow, consider
Parkhurst!JOB SUMMARYSupervises the catering department. Ensures
that day to day operations run smoothly and according to
established company procedures. Ensures that standards are
maintained for food quality, service, sanitation, cash handling,
and supervision of team members. Assists in following established
cost guidelines and ensures compliance with established standards.
May participate with members of management in the interviewing,
orientation, hiring, training, scheduling, discipline and
performance appraisals of team members. Acts as a liaison between
hourly team members and members of management. May also be required
to perform hands-on tasks as required by the operation.BENEFITS
- FREE meal during your shift
- 20% discount on any food purchase at Eat'n Park, Hello Bistro,
The Porch, and Parkhurst Dining.
- Paid time off
- Management career advancement opportunities
- Access to continuous development with Smile Universe
- Eligibility for 401k, vision, dental and medical plansESSENTIAL
- Supervises team members in their area of responsibility.
Consults with members of management to make changes as needed to
- Follows established Parkhurst and client policies and
procedures. Upholds standards.
- Communicates using Hospitality Imperatives guidelines and
coaches team members on their use of the hospitality
- May assist in purchasing foods and supplies.
- Maintains presence in service areas to assess customer
satisfaction levels and resolve problems. Communicates findings to
- Follows the human resource policies and procedures; Treats team
members with fairness and respect.
- Orients and trains staff. May be required to present inservice
- Communicates to staff regularly, both formally and informally;
holds team meetings to ensure staff awareness of department
activities. Assists management in keeping team members aware of any
changes in policies and procedures.
- Serves as a role model for team members by maintaining
standards for appearance, dress, attendance and professional
- Enforces safety standards with team members. Reports safety
problems to management.
- Ensures sanitation standards are enforced. Monitors cleaning
- Assist catering assistants with their duties as needed.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the management.Physical
Demands and Working Conditions:
- Lifting objects up to 50 lbs.
- Bending, reaching and grasping.
- Walking short distances.
- Exposure to high noise, heat and humidity levels.
- Standing for long periods on hard surfaces.Eat'n Park
Hospitality Group is an equal opportunity employer.We focus on
valuing our individual and group differences, making our teams
stronger and more engaged.Diversity and inclusion have been a core
value of ours for over 70 years.
Keywords: Eat'n Park Hospitality Group, Gary , Pakhurst - Hourly Catering Supervisor, Hospitality & Tourism , Valparaiso, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!