Company: Casa of Hobart
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Casa of Hobart - Become part of something amazing. We are
currently looking for PRN Cook to be on call.
The cooks is responsible for preparing and cooking a wide variety
of food for customers, employee and visitors. He /She prepares food
according to recipe and plans cooking schedules to meet mealtime
schedules. In additions, the cook performs related duties in
cleaning duties, as assigned. The cook's direct other dietary
employees in the absence of the Food Service Director and the
Assistant Food Service Director,
1. Handles and prepares food in accordance with sanitary
2. Prepares palatable and appetizing meals, as prescribed for the
customers by the attending
3. Meets required meal schedules;
4. Takes necessary measure to avoid food waste;
5. Properly cares for dietary equipment and production sheets;
6. Follows menus and special diet instructions;
7. Communicates freely with the Food Service Director
8. Cooperates with other dietary staff and center personnel;
9. Supervises departmental services as assigned by Food Service
10. Puts Customer service first: Ensures that customers and
families receive the highest quality
of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere which
recognizes the individuals"
needs and rights.
11. Performs other duties as requested
Specific educational /Vocational Requirements:
1. A minimum of a high school education or high school equivalency
diploma is preferred
for this position
2. Ability to read, write, speak and follow written and oral
direction in the English
3. Experience in institutional food handling is preferred
1. Considerable Knowledge of volume food production methods and
2. Considerable knowledge of sanitation regulation and practices as
applied to institutional
kitchen and related areas.
3. Ability to make simple arithmetical calculations.
4. Ability to solve operational problems in absence of Food Service
Manager and Assistant
Food Service Manager.
5. Knowledge of dietetic principles
6. Must provide annual verification of a negative TB skin test
Perform Related Duties:
1. Interact with customers, families, visitors, center and care
center facility subsidiary
2. Carries out other tasks as requested in situation where
hands-on-intervention/participation may be required.
Keywords: Casa of Hobart, Gary , COOK, Hospitality & Tourism , Hobart, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!