Retail & Orchard Customer Service Assistant
Company: Fair Oaks Farms
Location: Fair Oaks
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Starting rate: $15.00/hour
This position is seasonal
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proactively greet guests, groups of guests, and schools.
Attentively welcome every customer that visits our Orchard and
greet them within 10 seconds with a positive outgoing attitude and
- Assistevery customer eagerly andutilizeour "Find a way to their
heart" Philosophy. Make customers want to come backrepeatedly.
- Working in a fast-paced environment, paying attention to each
- Assist customers with wants or needs while modeling the Fair
Oaks Farms image.
- Answer questions regarding Fair Oaks Farms brand and products,
tours, restaurant/food options, and merchandise.
- Cross-sell all brand products such as Fair Oaks Farm tours,
Farmhouse Restaurant, andCowf--.
- Ensure group leaders have all information needed to have a fun,
safe, and educational experience in the orchard.
- Command attention and take the lead with group leaders and
- Make kettle corn, package goods sold such as pastries, and
- Recommend, select, and help locate or obtain merchandise based
on customer needs and desires.
- Compute sale prices, total purchases, receive and process cash
or credit payments using a POS system.
- Stay in constant communication with other departments informing
them of guest's activities and theirdesires. Anticipatethe needs of
- All Cashregistersales must be performed properly and
- Perform safety procedures in the event of a weather-related
- Answer and direct inquiries to proper personnel.
- Stay informed and up to date with the company's news and apply
new knowledge to your job.Professionally, politely, and positively
communicate to guests and co-workers.
- Manage time effectively and adapts quickly to changing
- Follow written and verbal instructions from company standard
operating procedures and/or management.
- Stay organized in manner, with materials, and company
- Analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best
solution and solve problems.
- Handle complaints, settle disputes, and resolve grievances and
conflicts when possible, or otherwise negotiating with others.
- Communicate departmental improvement ideas to management.
- Work as a team with all Fair Oaks employees.
- Perform physical activities that require considerable use of
your arms and legs, moving your whole body, climbing, lifting,
balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
- Stock, clean, and organize all merchandise shelves, coolers,
and storage.Ensure areas of responsibility are stocked with
supplies to perform duties.
- During slow times Clean and dust whenneededkeeping workspace
free of trash and clutter.
- Clean dishes.
- Handle and dispose of garbage.
- Help withinventory.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager or Assistant Manager.
- A positive and outgoing attitude.
- Work in a fast-paced work environment, multitask and handle
high-stress situations and help otherDepartmentswhen needed.
- Comfortable working with all ages and demographics.
- Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Actively find ways to help each other to carry out all job
- Job requires to develop a practical working environment along
with self-guiding with little or no supervision.
- Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize,
and accomplish your work.
- The ability to multitask and complete tasks assigned in a
- The ability to communicate and coordinate well with others by
displaying respect to customers and co-workers.
- Standing for more than 8 hours.
- Youare required towork aflexibleschedule (weekend &
- Honest, reliable,responsible,and dependable.
- Have strong values integrity andloyalty tothe company.
- Follow the Indiana Health codeguidelines.
- Fill all retail and food displays using FIFO method (when it
comes to food)
- Lift 30 lbs. or more.
- Basic math skills.
Keywords: Fair Oaks Farms, Gary , Retail & Orchard Customer Service Assistant, Hospitality & Tourism , Fair Oaks, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...