MRI TECHNOLOGIST II
Company: The Methodist Hospitals
Posted on: November 23, 2020
Under supervision, to perform work involving providing support
and assistance to the MRI staff and Manager in the performance of
their duties, specifically with training, Quality Improvement, and
continuing education issues. Works closely with the Sub-section
Chief (Radiologist) and directly with the Manager of MRI dept. to
ensure the efficient daily operation of the MRI dept. Tech
interacts with co-workers, Physicians, patients and nursing units,
displaying appropriate Guest Relations. PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND
RESPONSIBILITIES (Essential Functions)
- Assesses the exams performed on an ongoing basis, and provides
findings and results as appropriate.
- Assists Leadership in collecting departmental CQI, Radiologist
CQI, and ACR in the appropriate time frame.
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently, to operate all
types of departmental equipment, and perform all types of MRI
procedures, taking into account patient's age, physical mental and
emotional condition, 100% of the time.
- Informs Leadership of all equipment malfunction and initiates
appropriate service calls and maintains documentation of same.
- Learns office procedures so that direction and assistance can
be given to technical and office staff in the absence of the
- Assists with orientation and training of technologists on the
proper use of all equipment and new procedures instituted in the
- Guides and directs employees as needed to ensure that services
to patients and other customers are maintained at an optimal level
at all times, while conferring with the radiologist or physician
requests for supplies required for special procedures.
- Performs other duties as needed and/or assigned.
- Assists physicians with biopsies and other invasive procedures,
utilizing the modality as guidance and maintaining sterile
- Review and correlates patient exam orders with patients current
history and prior exam history to ensure that the appropriate exam
is being performed.
- Verifies correct transfer of images and exam information
through PACS and RIS for interpretation by the Radiologist ensuring
- Maintains the Magnet and radio-frequency protection of all
patients and visitors at all times.
- Administers contrast materials in the prescribed dose in
accordance with department policy.JOB SPECIFICATIONS (Minimum
Requirements) KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Well experienced with MRI procedures.
- Must have proven leadership skills.
- High degree of independent action and exercise of judgment is a
must, along with a creative ability.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, interactive
and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with doctors, nurses, technologists and support
- Ability to work professionally under pressure and in a
- Must act independently without specific instructions in a
- Must be able to work under required deadlines and schedules
while being flexible to handle special requests and projects.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must be professional, courtesy and must have a positive
- Participates in continuing education programs and department
- Knowledgeable of and follows operational policies and
procedures related to patient care and patient safety.
- Demonstrates clinical competency in patient care.
- Maintains confidentiality and privacy of all data, records,
forms, reports and any other HIPPA information.
- Implements safety precautions which are detailed in the
- Successfully completes the annual safety review.
- Obtains an appropriate history on all patients prior to
beginning the MRI procedure and records it on the appropriate
safety screening form.
- Ensures that each patient is qualified for the scheduled MRI
exam by checking medical records for surgical reports, contacting
manufacturers for safety of their products, receiving final
approval from the Radiologist.
- Assist with ACR accreditations.
- Ability to travel to different facilities owned by
Hospital.EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Associates Degree ARRT, ARMRIT or Radiology Certificate program
- Bachelor Degree ARRT, ARMRIT or Radiology Certificate program
- 2 years experience in Radiology, CT or MRI required.
- MRI Experience: Radiology, CT or MRI is preferred.
- Certification by ARRT, ARMRIT or Radiology Certificate
program.STANDARDS OF BEHAVIORMeets the Standards of Behavior as
outlined in Personnel Policy and Procedure #1, Employee Relations
knowledge of procedures for protecting and maintaining security,
confidentiality and integrity of employee, patient, family,
organizational and other medical information. Understands and
supports the commitment of Methodist Hospitals in adhering to
federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations governing
ethical business practices for healthcare providers.DISCLAIMER -
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job.
The statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive
list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Keywords: The Methodist Hospitals, Gary , MRI TECHNOLOGIST II, Other , Gary, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!