FLEET SUPERVISOR- Westville, IN
Company: Dollar General Corporation
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers
for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time.
Save money. Every day. by offering products that are frequently
used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids,
cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at
everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar
General operated 17,266 stores in 46 states as of February 26,
2021. In addition to high-quality private brands, Dollar General
sells products from America's most-trusted manufacturers such as
Clorox, Energizer, Procter & Gamble, Hanes, Coca-Cola, Mars,
Unilever, Nestle, Kimberly-Clark, Kellogg's, General Mills, and
PepsiCo. Learn more about Dollar General at
Responsibility for driver safety, FMCSA, and DOT compliance.
Accountable for on time store delivery routes, tractor
utilization, and driver pay.
Builds strong relationships with drivers through understanding
their work life, meeting their expectations, and quarterly face to
face business meetings with each driver.
Accountable for driver training, time at home, driver retention,
idle reduction, mpg improvement, driver load dispatch assignment,
load optimizing, equipment usage, and effective use of the driver
management system. Promotes a safety culture by evaluating the
safety performance of all drivers.
- Proven Leadership and in-depth knowledge of dedicated
transportation operations, FMCSA and DOT regulations.
- Understanding of Compliance, Safety, Accountability (CSA)
- Strong communication (written and verbal), listening,
interpersonal problem solving and innovative thinking skills.
- High attention to detail, strong planning, and organization
- Understands driver logs, hours of service, and dedicated
- Proficient in usage of transportation optimization software to
perform routing, tendering, scheduling, and shipment tracking.
- Ability to function in a high-stress environment
- Must know MS Office software
- 10% travel required.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Logistics preferred, or
comparable experience of one to three years in transportation
operations for a retailer, manufacturing company, major carrier, or
logistics company required. One to three years transportation
experience managing at least 40 or more drivers preferred
- One to three years onsite driver management experience
- One year Driver Dispatch Management System (satellite dispatch
systems) experience (McLeod, TMW, Telogis, Dispatch Tracks,
Keywords: Dollar General Corporation, Gary , FLEET SUPERVISOR- Westville, IN, Other , Westville, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!