Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering
company with 2019 sales of $28 billion (25 billion). We live our
mission of making our world more productive every day by providing
high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making
our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect
The company serves a variety of end markets including aerospace,
chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare,
manufacturing and primary metals. Linde's industrial gases are used
in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to
high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing,
hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers
state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer
expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions.
For more information about the company and its products and
services, please visit www.linde.com.
The Praxair On-Site Technician is responsible for the safe,
reliable, and efficient operation of an Air Separation Refinery in
the Fort Wayne IN. area. This is a challenging and rewarding job
that requires the employee to have problem solving capabilities in
mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, and production
On-Site Technicians must be dependable. They work with minimal
supervision and must demonstrate initiative and self-motivation.
Praxair On-Site Technicians usually work alone and have primary
responsibility for their assigned plants. On-Site Techs must be
available for call outs.
Employees in this role operate all aspects of the Praxair air
separation plant, from routine operations to solving production
problems. They maintain compressors, pumps, valves, motors and
related equipment. The technicians start up, shut down, and operate
the plant. The plant is located at a customer site and is typically
within an hour drive from the home location.
The technician must solve a variety of mechanical, electrical,
instrumentation and process control problems. The technician makes
decisions which require coordination of interrelated tasks. The
employee develops conceptual solutions to moderately difficult,
non-routine issues/problems and provides guidance on technical
leadership of projects.
On-Site Technicians are trained and mentored as they develop
knowledge and skills. The employee is also supported with
supervision, lead technicians, engineers, sales and other technical
staff. Occasionally the technician will travel to locations outside
the assigned areas to support those plants.
- Maintain all Safety, Quality, and Compliance activities at
their plant location
- Start up, shutdown, and operate the production processes.
- Perform routine maintenance and calibrations on a variety of
process equipment including centrifugal and reciprocating
compressors, gas analyzers, control systems, electrical systems and
process control valves
- Trouble shoot and repair defective equipment, electrical
components, and production processes
- Planning and executing operations and maintenance tasks for
- Purchasing of materials and/or services such as
- Monthly plant billing
- Documentation, reports, and other administrative duties
High School Degree or eqivelant required
Associate's degree in a technical field preferred
2 - 5 years of experience is highly desirable in many of the
- Air separation or similar complex process control function
- Instrumentation and control
- General maintenance of industrial equipment
- Compressors and compressor maintenance
- Industrial mechanical maintenance
- Industrial electrical or electrician
- Industrial Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning (HVAC)
- Military technical fields
- Machinist Mates, Electrician Mates, Gas Turbine Technicians,
SKILLS and ATRIBUTES
Dependable and honest
Safety commitment and compliance with procedures
Trouble shooting and diagnostics
Use volt-ohm meters, calibration devices, and data
Maintenance and repairs of industrial equipment
Process understanding, process control schematic
Computers, Microsoft applications, FIX 32, and process control
Maintenance and compliance documentation
Communications, both verbal and written
Quality controls, analyzers
Organization and time management
Praxair has advancement opportunities for On-Site
Employees must demonstrate advanced skills in plant operations
and have a strong sense of ownership
Safety performance, successful operations, and proven leadership
are a must
Advancement can lead to careers in Technical Support,
Management, Engineering, Safety, Sales, and other positions.
The On-Site Technician must be able to sit, stand, climb, walk,
read, talk, see and hear, to perform the essential functions of
this job. Additional activities for this job are:
- Drive a service (pickup) truck up to 2 or 3 hours per day and
up to 8 hours on occasion.
- Perform office work requiring computer work and other
administration duties 1 or 2 hours per day.
- Walking on flat or uneven surfaces and in areas of crushed
stone on a daily basis.
- Bending, stooping, and working from just above the ground to 6
- Use of stairs and ladders for elevated work.
- Lifting 5 to 15 LBs loads performed daily.
- Lifting 15 to 45 LBs loads intermittently.
- Lifting 45 to 75 LBs loads occasionally.
- Upper body work activities, including using wrenches, hammers,
and similar tools
- Use of power tools such as drill and saws
- Use of volt meters and calibration devices
- Use of fingers/fine manipulation (such as instrumentation
- On Call, 24 hours, 7 days a week. Must carry cell Company Cell
phone and laptop for immediate availability.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
reason prohibited by applicable law.