Tolling Shift Supervisor
Company: ITR Concession Company, LLC (Indiana Toll Road)
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Incumbent works directly for the Operations Assistant Manager.
Incumbent assists the Operations Assistant Manager in the daily
operation of toll plazas. Primary responsibility is to insure all
necessary staff is present in their assigned area to efficiently
process traffic at our toll gates.
Environment will include both office and outside duties.
Incumbent will have an assigned job location but will be required
to drive their personal vehicle to other locations within their
work assignment with ITRCC approved compensation for the use of
their personal vehicle, if Company vehicle is unavailable.
Incumbent will be required to walk and perform duties in all
weather conditions. Work hours can vary dependent on need.
- Personal work contacts will include the Operation Assistant
Manager, Toll Collectors, Toll Manager, and Supervisors from other
departments within ITRCC. Externally they will work with vendors
- Provide leadership and support the culture of safety in all
- Observe for safety and security issues and take corrective
action as necessary.
- Following departmental policy, incumbent will schedule the
personnel necessary to efficiently process expected traffic in our
- Make necessary adjustments in the staff as dictated by events
or as directed.
- Authorize the use of overtime to achieve these requirements and
to mandate overtime as necessary.
- Responsible for traffic management at assigned toll plazas to
ensure efficient flow of traffic.
- Adjustments to toll lane configurations shall be made to aide
in the efficient flow of traffic.
- Prepare weekly lane schedules to meet company demands.
- Supervise in a union environment by following contract between
Company and Union.
- Utilize various computer programs and reports to monitor and
review employee break times, working status, and availability to
work along with traffic reports and overtime records.
- Incumbent does not have the authority to discipline, counsel or
suspend an employee without the prior approval of the Operations
- Incumbent is expected to use good judgment to determine if
interdiction is necessary and in what form to assure we are
fulfilling our tasks and responsibilities to our customers and the
- Incumbent is expected to report policy violations and other
problems and concerns to the Operation Assistant Manager.
- Review and approve employee hours of work utilizing electronic
- Monitors operation and condition of ITRCC property.
- Make checks of toll plaza(s) at various times of the day and
- Gives assistance to disabled vehicles, helps at accidents and
renders first aid when necessary.
- Must be ready to aid in emergency situations.
- Monitor supply inventories.
- Performs duties related to electronic toll collection as
- Performs other duties as required.
- Regular reliable attendance.
- High school diploma/ GED
- Must have proven organization skills
- Must possess effective communication skills both written and
- Must possess the knowledge and skill necessary to effectively
perform on the job training for new hires
- Knowledge and experience in Microsoft Word and Excel and
- Ability to apply company policies in a consistent manner with
the best interest of the company in mind
- Must possess the ability to manage in a fast-paced high stress
environment while providing a high level of customer focus.
- Must be able to lift and carry weights up to 50 lbs. along with
other physical duties involving pushing, pulling and lifting
- Must possess and maintain a valid drivers license
- 2-4 years past supervision experience
This position requires: (Frequent est. 5 hrs
- Frequent Standing, Walking and Sitting.
- Frequent Talking and Hearing.
- Light Physical Effort.
- Heavy Computer usage.
Travel time required may be up to 30%
Visit our website www.indianatollroad.org/careers tab to apply
directly and see position details!
Keywords: ITR Concession Company, LLC (Indiana Toll Road), Gary , Tolling Shift Supervisor, Other , Portage, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!