Parts Counter Specialist
Company: Alta Equipment Group Inc.
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Come work for one of the largest equipment dealerships in North
America! Are you a hardworking individual that thrives in a
fast-paced environment and looking to take your career to the next
level? If so, then come join our award winning team!
We provide our employees with the following tools and resources
to be successful:
- Outstanding benefits package (Medical, Dental and Vision, plus
- 401(k) with match
- Competitive wages
- Company laptop
- Company cell phone
- 10 paid holidays
- Work schedule: M-F, day shift
Alta Equipment Company is seeking a full-time parts counter
specialist for our Construction Equipment Group at our Gary, IN
location. The primary responsibilities of the position consist of,
but are not limited to:
- Process parts purchases and sales
- Actively sell parts and ask for the sale
- Ensure profit levels meet department goals
- Ensure customer satisfaction, including internal customers
- Check in, unpack and put away delivered parts
- Pick, package and prepare parts for delivery
- Maintain department order and cleanliness
- Assist in physical inventory counts
- Incorporate Alta's Guiding Principles into daily
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Consistent, regular, and reliable attendance including being
ready for work at the designated start time
- A minimum of one year of previous heavy equipment, auto or
truck parts counter experience desired
- High school diploma/GED
- ASE certifications are preferred
- Basic mechanical understanding and the ability to identify by
sight and by name the parts of an industry related piece of
- Excellent communication skills and professionalism is
- Knowledge and understanding between mark-up and gross
- Proper phone etiquette
- Equipment operation: Forklifts and hydraulic hose making is
- Computer programs - Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Epicor/Silk
systems, Vendor web portals
- Language Skills - Basic: Ability to read and comprehend simple
instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write
simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information
in one-on-one and small group situations, to customers, clients,
and other employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Skills - Basic: Ability to add and subtract two
digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
Ability to perform these operations using units of American money
and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Reasoning Ability - Basic: Ability to apply common sense
understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral
instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few
concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Physical/Sensory Functions: Regularly will use hands,
talk/hear; Frequently will sit; Occasionally will stand, walk,
reach with hands and arms,, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Vision: To see both close and at a distance, depth perception,
ability to adjust focus and see color
- Lift and/or Move Functions: Frequently will lift up to 25
pounds; Occasionally will lift 26 to 100+ pounds
- Work Environment: Occasionally will work near moving mechanical
Culture is Job #1. Alta Equipment Company prides itself in the 3
P's of business: People, Process and Product. By investing in the
best people and creating a "one team" approach, Alta Equipment
Company earns customers for life.
If you have a passion for excellence and are ready to make a
difference within our organization, we're ready for you. Whether
it's selling the world's-best big iron, rolling up your sleeves and
servicing our industry-leading construction and material handling
product brands or being a difference maker behind the scenes, we
can use your skillset.
At Alta Equipment Company, we believe in mutual respect and are
committed to diversity while inspiring our employees to reach their
maximum potential. Voted a "Top Work Place USA", our 2100+
employees in the Midwest (MI, IN, IL), East Coast (NY, VT, CT, ME,
MA, NH, VA) and the South (FL) are committed to excellence. It's
the Alta way.
So, let's start the conversation. Click the link to apply and
begin the journey of a lifetime.
What We Look For:
At Alta Equipment Company, we are looking for candidates who are
a cultural fit with our organization and understand that every task
and job goes toward fostering customers for life. Along with that,
a great attitude that embraces mutual respect and delivering a
consistent high energy level that exudes a passion for excellence.
Also, we are searching for a skill set that has a high aptitude for
the position with a continual focus on investing in one's
profession through additional training and learning
Other Opportunities at Alta
Please visit our careers page at www.altaequipment.jobs to view
other openings that may be of interest to you!
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and
related decisions are made without regard to gender, race, age,
disability, religion, national origin, color, gender identity,
sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected
Keywords: Alta Equipment Group Inc., Gary , Parts Counter Specialist, Other , Gary, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!