Plans, implements, and coordinates the machining processes of
the organization's products by performing the following duties
personally or through manufacturing personnel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
* Perform engineering work related to planning, devising, or
adapting processes and methods to improve machining and operational
* Examine equipment, processes, and operations to determine time
or quality revisions.
* Evaluate staffing levels in relation to production
* Evaluate vendor proposals for tooling and new equipment.
* Develop manufacturing and inspection documentation for
* Responsible for working with production to establish
operational sequences and processes.
* Implement measures to improve production methods, equipment
performance, and quality of product.
* Develop, design and implement fixturing required to improve
* Quote new products and work with production to develop best
practice machining methods to produce them.
* Act as FEP liaison for introduction of new products into the
* Observe all safety, health, and environmental procedures
* Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with
the organization's policies and applicable law as required.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor's Degree in Industrial, Manufacturing or Mechanical
Engineering or a minimum of five years related experience; or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Work related experience must include CNC operation and
programming. Knowledge of existing CAD/CAM/Esprit software and
* Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
* Ability to effectively present information to others
* Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions.
* Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical
instructions in mathematical or diagram/engineering drawing
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
* The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and reach
with hands and arms.
* The employee is regularly required to sit and talk or
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
* The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical
equipment, including fork lifts, machine tools and machining
* The employee is frequently exposed to outside weather
* The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
* Frequent local travel is required.
* International travel may be necessary.
The above statement reflects the general details considered
necessary to describe the principal functions of the job
identified, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of
all of the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
Competitive Wage, Medical, Dental, 401k
Equal Employment Opportunities will be given to all applicants
regardless of their race, sex, age, color, religion, national
origin, marital status, veteran status, non-job related physical or
mental disability or any other characteristic protected by federal,
state or local law.
Voluntary Self Identification of Race, Gender, Protected Veteran
Status, and Disability
Pre-employment physical, background check and drug screening for
all new hires