Production Technician - 2nd Shift
Company: Central States Manufacturing
Location: Michigan City
Posted on: June 12, 2021
JOB SUMMARY: Provides "Right. On Time. Every Time." products and
customer service, both to external and internal customers, within
JOB DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Follows all plant safety procedures and uses all applicable
personal protective equipment (PPE). Holds other team members
accountable to follow all safety procedures.
- Operates all machinery required following safety guidelines;
machinery can include benders, roll formers, wrappers, slitters,
shears, forklifts, and other machines as assigned.
- Follows all setup procedures and work instructions as
documented in the Operations System.
- Completes all quality checks as documented; makes adjustments
and re-produces product as needed to provide accurate and
damage-free product to the customer.
- Completes all daily orders in assigned area.
- Meets or exceeds area's goals including safety, productivity,
scrap, on-time delivery, and accuracy.
- Performs daily operator preventive maintenance checks, as
- Reports all machinery issues to Maintenance promptly.
- Cleans and resets work area at the end of each shift, including
but not limited to sweeping the floor, placing items in the proper
storage area, stacking pallets, restocking packaging, and dumping
- Accurately updates all records and visual tracking, whether
written or electronic (e.g., coil footage, cover sheets).
- Cross-trains as directed and is willing to work at any
production position in the plant, on an as needed basis.
- Participates in monthly inventory.
- Completes all other tasks as required or assigned by the
immediate supervisor and/or upper management.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Preferred.
- Current CSMI Certification on Crane and Forklift (if
- Must be willing to master the ability to operate assigned task
and cross-train in at least two additional work tasks.
- Have excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Customer and detailed oriented. Follows instructions.
- Exhibits a continuous improvement mindset with ability to
verbalize ideas for process and work flow improvements.
- Ability to read a tape measure, do basic mathematical
calculations, and use a calculator.
- Ability to learn production operations
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and to lift 75
- Ability to twist, bend, and reach to perform job duties.
- Ability to work while being exposed to outside weather
- Follows procedures and utilize appropriate Personal Protective
- Ability to learn internal Enterprise Resource Planning
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel preferred.
- Be willing to work various shifts.
- This is a Safety Sensitive position
- Consistently exhibits and displays the company's values of "Own
It. Can Do. Act in Love."
- Own It - Commitment to customer, the company, and each
- Can Do - Pursuing continuous improvement
- Act in Love - Treating others with humility, respectfulness,
kindness, honesty, patience, and self-control
Keywords: Central States Manufacturing, Gary , Production Technician - 2nd Shift, Other , Michigan City, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!