Are you a hardworking individual that enjoys outside sales and
driving business? PPG may have what you are looking for! As a
Market Manager, you will be responsible for the overall store
operations and sales performance of a team within a defined market.
They must assure that the stores and sales representatives in their
territory are meeting sales and profit goals while adhering to all
PPG policies and procedures including policies on safety, ethics,
EHS, financial control, and human resources.
- Provides leadership and direction to operations and sales to
- Establishes market strategies to meet or exceed budget
- Has ownership for the overall market performance of sales,
personnel, operations, and P&L.
- Establishes strategy and execution of pricing to meet/exceed
goals for the market.
- Establishes performance goals and KPI's for each rep and store
manager to be reviewed monthly.
- Establishes performance plans and development for
underperforming reps and managers.
- Ensure all alignment of reps and stores are correct to support
the overall market strategy.
- Builds and grows relationships with top 10 market
- Establishes strategy and execution of new business growth to
meet quarterly and annual goals.
- Responsible for maintaining price objectives across the
territory and for agreeing to special deals beyond normally
established price lists and terms and conditions.
- Works within an established budget.
- Occasionally assists in the resolution of customer issues with
PPG stores, manufacturing, and supply chain.
- Recruitment and pipeline development of employees. This
includes developing university partnerships (ie. Career services,
classroom speaking, etc.), and other avenues to recruit
- Creates talent development plans of current employees,
including special projects and delegation.
- Creates and implements employee engagement activities and plan
for the region.
- Processes are in place to effectively schedule store staffing
to optimize customer service, cover absences, and minimize
personnel costs and overtime including adopting flexible labor
practices such as part-time employees.
- Inventory overrides, and loss prevention is managed
- Merchandising initiatives are implemented.
- Works jointly with the SBU leadership and National Account
Managers to establish sales goals and segment targets by
- May assume account manager responsibilities for special
customer accounts within their area of responsibility.
- Coordinates the relationship between customers, upper PPG
management, Credit, and other PPG functions as needed.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and sales skills.
- A minimum of 5 years of successful outside sales
- Working knowledge of store operations
- Broad knowledge of the paint industry, paint products, and
- Good oral and written communication skills
- A college degree in business or in a relevant technical
discipline or equivalent is preferred.
Here at PPG, we make it happen, and we seek candidates of the
highest integrity and professionalism who share our values, with
the commitment and drive to strive today to do better than
yesterday - everyday.
PPG: WE PROTECT AND BEAUTIFY THE WORLD
Through leadership in innovation, sustainability, and color, PPG
helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products,
and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces
in more ways than does any other company. To learn more, visit
www.ppg.com and follow @ PPG on Twitter.
The PPG Way
Every single day at PPG:
We partner with customers to create mutual value.
We are insightful, dedicated, and proactive. We have intimate
knowledge of the market and our customers. We focus on practical
solutions that make a difference.
We are "One PPG" to the world.
We are better and stronger together. We leverage our scale to
reach new markets and introduce innovative technologies as we
differentiate and disrupt our markets.
We trust our people every day, in every way.
We enable and empower our people to make the right decisions. We
are inclusive, transparent, and respectful. Our feedback is clear
We make it happen.
We have a passion for winning. We achieve. We deliver with
discipline and integrity. We bring our best energy to our work. We
decide and act intelligently and quickly.
We run it like we own it.
We respect one another by being responsible and accountable. We
always act in the best interest of our company, customers,
shareholders, and our communities.
We do better today than yesterday - everyday.
We continuously learn. We develop our people to grow our
PPG Way: (Click here to learn more about the PPG Way)
PPG vision: http://corporate.ppg.com/Our-Company/PPG-Vision.aspx
We are One PPG: http://one.ppg.com/
PPG provides equal opportunity to all candidates and employees.
We offer an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an
environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees,
creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the
ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to sex,
pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age,
disability status, marital status, veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity, or expression. If you need assistance
to complete your application due to a disability, please email
PPG values your feedback on our recruiting process. We encourage
you to visit Glassdoor.com and provide feedback on the process so
that we can do better today than yesterday.
Benefits will be discussed with you by your recruiter during the
Pay Transparency poster: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_
EEO is the Law:
EEO is the Law Supplement: