Front End Department Supervisor
Posted on: July 17, 2021
What You Will Do
All Lowe’s associates deliver quality customer service while
maintaining a store that is clean, safe, and stocked with the
products our customers need. As an Front End Department Supervisor,
• Removing barriers, addressing inefficiencies, and enabling staff
to delighting our customers.
• Collaborating with front-end and back-end operations associates
to ensure items are adequately stocked.
• Monitoring use of store power equipment and coaching employees on
safe behaviors and lifting techniques.
The Front End Department Supervisor is primarily responsible for
leading and enabling a team of associates to deliver the best
possible customer experience in the store. This includes coaching
and training associates, delegating, following-up on daily tasks,
managing performance, and ensuring adequate department coverage.
The Front End Department Supervisor impacts Lowe’s mission daily by
planning, scheduling, monitoring, and successfully implementing all
non-selling operations in the front end of the store, facilitating
the store’s ability to provide a superior customer shopping
experience and maximize sales and profitability.
To be successful, the Front End Department Supervisor must
collaborate and communicate with other Department Supervisors and
Assistant Store Managers to determine the most effective methods
for meeting service, operations, and safety objectives. The
individual in this role must continuously drive efficiencies and be
able to teach others the skills needed to maintain effective store
operations. It is important that this associate communicate upward
to keep management informed of concerns, issues, recognitions, and
The Front End Department Supervisor helps keep our store safe by
conducting safety walks, reporting hazards, training and monitoring
staff, and understanding all safety and lifting requirements.
In addition to the responsibilities summarized above, individuals
in this role may occasionally open or close the store or serve as
Travel Requirements: This role does not require regular travel;
however, this role may need to travel on occasion to meetings,
trainings, or to support neighboring stores.
What We're Looking For
• Hourly Full Time: Generally scheduled 39 to 40 hours; more hours
may be required based on the needs of the store.
• Requires morning, afternoon and evening availability any day of
• Physical ability to perform tasks that may require prolonged
standing, sitting, and other activities necessary to perform job
• Minimally must be able to lift 25 pounds without assistance; may
lift over 25 pounds with or without assistance.
What You Need To Succeed
• High School Diploma or equivalent and 3 years of experience in a
retail environment OR 5 years of experience in a retail
• Experience providing direction or supervision to teams (with or
without direct report responsibility).
• Experience supporting or participating in the process of
training, mentoring and developing associates.
• Experience working cross-functionally.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Experience supporting front-end or back-end operations in a
• Experience in customer service role.
• Experience in a leadership role with direct report
• Experience working in the home improvement retail sector.
• Experience working in a fast paced, dynamic retail
• Experience in key carrying role with manager-on-duty
• Experience using store computer systems (including but not
limited to: Project Tool, Genesis, Sterling, M2O, Thin Client,
If the state or local municipality requires a salesperson
license for this position, you must either be licensed or pass the
requisite licensing exam within sixty (60) days of starting
employment in this position.
Keywords: Lowe's, Gary , Front End Department Supervisor, Other , Merrillville, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!