Training Instructor Sr (Operations)
Company: American Electric Power
Posted on: October 10, 2021
Please Note: Cook Nuclear Plant is seeking
Qualified Nuclear Professionals for potential openings in the
Candidates need a Senior Reactor
Operator License or a Senior Reactor Operator Certification.
Ideally seeking experience within the operations
Develop, coordinate, instruct and evaluate training programs and
programs to ensure site personnel are properly trained to meet
established operations / support organization training needs,
company training objectives and all applicable regulatory
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS are listed below:
- Develop, coordinate, schedule, prepare, implement, and evaluate
initial training and retraining programs within functional
discipline. This includes training needs assessment, course outline
preparation, development of lesson plans and audio-visual training
aids, administer exams, coordination of instructors, and job and
tasks analysis techniques, course critique/evaluation.
- Interface with appropriate management personnel to ensure that
training course content and techniques satisfy their training
needs. Monitor and evaluate trainees progress to determine
effectiveness of programs and recommend improvements.
- Provide guidance and technical direction to subordinate
- Provide lead role in coordinating the details of various
assigned training programs and scheduling the assistance of
- Review and approve all documentation, records and files of
assigned training programs to comply with department procedures,
company standards, technical specifications, state/Federal
regulations and QA audit requirements.
- Responsible for preparing INPO accredited program to ensure
compatibility with plant training goals and administrative
- Administer planned training programs to ensure plant personnel
are trained to established standards in compliance with Company,
Division & regulatory requirements, industry standards and INPO
Education requirements are listed below:
Work Experience requirement listed below:
- High School Diploma or GED.
Required License(s)/Certification(s) are listed below:
- Six (6) years related experience in the desired subject field,
demonstrating sufficient experience to be considered as
knowledgeable. Two (2) as a Training Instructor.
- Licensed by NRC as Senior Reactor Operator (for instructors
assigned to Ops Training Supervisor).
Physical demand level is Sedentary and requirements details are
- May perform walk downs in plant environment which may include
exposure to: heat, cold, noise, and radiation exposure
- Good interpersonal skills
- Effective writing and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to instruct
- Specific knowledge of nuclear standards and nuclear policies,
practices and procedures relating to plant operations
- Education, experience, licensing & certification requirements
of this position conform to ANSI N18.1 - 1971and
Keywords: American Electric Power, Gary , Training Instructor Sr (Operations), Other , Chesterton, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!