Unit Supv (Senior Reactor Operator)
Company: American Electric Power
Posted on: October 10, 2021
Cook Nuclear Plant is seeking Qualified Nuclear Professionals
for potential openings in the following Departments:
Candidates need to be previously licensed as Senior Reactor
Operator at a commercial nuclear power plant.
This position is responsible for all operating activities of an
assigned shift in a nuclear generation station, for the assurance
of safe operations, maximum efficiency and continuity of service.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS are listed below:
- Direct operation of the Unit and associated support systems in
compliance with applicable license, technical specification
requirements and plant policies.
- Monitor plant operating parameters and equipment status and
maintain these within technical specification limits. This position
has the authority to take corrective action up to and including
shut down, where operating parameters exceed specification.
- Supervise the application of the Clearance Permit System
according to the applicable standards and procedures. Prepare and
recommend issuance of clearance permit for the performance of plant
- Make regular tours of inspection of plant facilities, notify
appropriate personnel of any abnormal conditions: take necessary
action in emergency, and recommend maintenance as appropriate.
- Supervise the recording, readings, and maintenance of the
control room operating log book, data sheets, and recorder
- Responsible for continuously upgrading knowledge and skill for
position and direct reports.
- Coordinate operation of nuclear reactor and associated
operating equipment to meet required conditions necessary to
perform maintenance, surveillances and post maintenance
Education requirements are listed below:
Work Experience requirement listed below:
- High School graduate or GED.
Required License(s)/Certification(s) are listed below:
- Three (3) years nuclear power operating experience.
- Licensed by NRC as Senior Reactor Operator.
Physical demand level is Sedentary and requirements details are
- May perform walk downs in plant environment which may include
exposure to: heat, cold, noise, and radiation exposure.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Effective writing and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Broad knowledge of nuclear standards and nuclear policies,
practices and procedures relating to quality assurance
Keywords: American Electric Power, Gary , Unit Supv (Senior Reactor Operator), Other , Chesterton, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!