Chemical Technician-Jr - Chemical Technician, Sr.
Company: American Electric Power
Posted on: October 10, 2021
Nuclear Plant is seeking Qualified Nuclear Professionals for
potential openings in the following
Ideal candidates will
have a Bachelor's degree in Chemistry or related field, service as
an engineering laboratory technician in the Navy, or other related
experience such as prior experience as a chemistry technician in
the commercial nuclear
Responsible for performing technical and specialized work in
conjunction with chemical analyses.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS are listed below:
- Obtain and prepare in-plant and environmental samples, and
operate sampling equipment, as directed.
- Perform tests requiring the use of analytical equipment, common
chemical materials, including assisting in special analysis and
tests necessary to regulate proper chemical treatment of
- Prepare reagents, standards, and other chemicals to specific
concentrations for use in sample analyses and system chemical
- Make required equipment checks.
- Assist in performing tests and preparing related reports,
graphs and curves.
- Record and present data from laboratory analyses calibration
processes and in-plant / environmental surveys in proper written
format, and enter data into a computer database.
- Review, and / or record readings on controlling, indicating,
and recording devices and compare to established standards and
- Recommend corrective actions and adjustments to system
chemistry based on analysis results.
Education requirements are listed below:
- Associate degree in Chemistry or related field, or equivalent
education or experience.
- Physical demand level is Sedentary and requirements details are
- Work location will include outdoors, and therefore subject to
- Successful completion of the Plant Technician Selection System
(TECH) test is required for this position. A review of Employment
Testing Information, Test-Taking tips, and the TECH Practice Test
may be helpful. A link to these materials may be found at
AEP.com/Careers by selecting Employment testing.
- Plan and complete scheduled activities on time.
- Assist other personnel in completing their activities and
assist in the training of other employees.
- Support and participate in the Emergency Plan Organization,
HAZMAT response organization, and Corrective Action Program
activities as assigned, and in accordance with procedures and
policies applicable for the assigned role.
- Perform all duties, and work with other employees in a safe
manner, in compliance with appropriate company safety policies and
- Assume responsibility for continuously upgrading knowledge and
Keywords: American Electric Power, Gary , Chemical Technician-Jr - Chemical Technician, Sr., Other , Portage, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!