Company: Task Force Tips
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job DescriptionSalary: Task Force Tips is an innovative and
established manufacturer of firefighting equipment for municipal,
military, and industrial clients around the globe. TFT is searching
for an experienced Senior Buyer/Planner who is responsible for
purchasing materials, supplies and services for the TFT plant. This
is a full-time position working Monday-Friday from 8AM-5PM.
Essential functions of the position include qualifying suppliers,
evaluating quotes, negotiating prices and terms, and purchasing
quality products and services following the internal policies and
procedures of the Supply Chain department. Additionally, the Senior
Buyer/Planner is responsible for tracking purchases, monitoring
vendor quality and maintaining an updated database of vendor
information. This position reports to the Director of Supply Chain.
Task Force Tips is part of Madison Industries, one of the largest
and most successful privately held companies in the world, and our
mission is to make the world safer, healthier and more productive
by creating innovative solutions that deliver outstanding customer
value.View our video.....TFT, a Firefighter Legacy on Vimeo Roles &
- Develop and maintain supplier relationships.
- Support the qualification of new and/or current suppliers.
- Secures and evaluate quotes from suppliers.
- Create and track Purchase Orders for all the materials,
supplies, services and/or tools needed by the plant.
- Responsible for planning raw materials requirements, based on
usage and current demand.
- Create new vendors in the company's computer system.
- Complete purchasing information for the new part numbers in the
company's computer system.
- Maintain data that affects the company's computer system
functionality such as lead-time, reorder points, safety stock,
- Cooperate and assist TFT Receiving and Accounts Payable.
- Timely review of non-conforming material received from the
vendors; execute material return when is needed.
- Create and/or update internal procedures, work instructions and
formats needed by the department.
- Work closely with all other plant departments and department
heads to insure material and supplies needs are met on time.
- Minimizes cost and disruption to Operations caused by
- Participate in site leadership activities including safety,
continuous improvement and cost saving projects.
- Other responsibilities as needed/directed by the Supply Chain
Director. Experience & Education:
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering, business or related field
- 5+ years of purchasing experience required in a manufacturing
- Previous experience using some type of MRP/ERP system highly
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and remain focused and
- Ability to prepare accurate, effective, complete, and easily
understood written communications and reports for internal and
- Advanced computer skills and ability to compile and present
information and data utilizing Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work in a team environment and willingness to assume
additional or new responsibilities readily.
- Able to perform routine tasks and deliverables with minimal
- Work typically carried out in an office environment and
operating plant environment.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 poundsWe offer an
excellent salary and benefits package including:
Medical/Vision/Dental Insurances - Off- site Health Clinic - 401K
plan and Profit-Sharing Plan - On-site Fitness Center - Tuition
Assistance - And more…!What happens next?If you are interested in
this opportunity, please apply, and we will review your application
as soon as possible. Attach your resume and upload a cover letter
with your application.Equal Employment
Opportunity/Non-Discrimination PolicyTask Force Tips LLC is an
equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Task Force Tips LLC
that we evaluate qualified applicants and not to discriminate on
the basis of ethnicity, race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran
status, age, familial status and other legally protected
characteristics in its hiring decisions and employment policies, as
required by the Indiana Civil Rights Act (I.C. 22-9, 1), Title VI
and VII (Civil Rights Act of 1964), the Equal Pay Act of 1973, and
any other applicable law. Click here to View PolicyTask Force Tips
LLC offers reasonable accommodation in the employment process for
individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance in the
application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, you may
request an accommodation with Human Resources at any time.
Keywords: Task Force Tips, Gary , Senior Buyer/Planner, Other , Valparaiso, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!