Company: Lakeshore Bone and Joint Institute
Location: Crown Point
Posted on: November 24, 2022
As the region's dedicated experts in exceptional musculoskeletal
care, our doctors and staff at Lakeshore Bone & Joint Institute
have served the orthopedic needs of northwest Indiana since 1968.
With state-of-the-art facilities, we are dedicated to delivering
the exceptional, compassionate care patients need to keep moving
and keep enjoying their life. The Physician Assistant (PA) provides
medical care, medication management, and care coordination for
patients with chronic or acute injuries.
- Obtain patient history and perform assessments via observation
- Prescribe appropriate pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic
- Order, perform and interpret diagnostic and therapeutic tests
- Implement interventions to support the patient to regain or
maintain physiologic stability
- Asses and revise care plans based on physician recommendations
and patient changes
- Consult with other staff regarding referrals, follow-ups, and
transfer of care
- Educate patient and family by providing educational tools and
resources to aid in decision making
- Participate in professional development activities and attend
seminars as needed
- Exercise initiative, judgement, discretion, and decision making
to achieve medical objectives
- Assist physician in orthopedic surgery
- Conducts rounds at hospitals on ER and post-operative patients
as directed by physician
- Other duties as assigned
Education: Master's in PA studies from an accredited University
Experience: Minimum of 2-years Physician Assistant or orthopedic
Requirements: Current state PA license, certified by National
Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants. Current CPR
- Knowledge of acute and chronic care protocols, administration
of medications, delivering physical care following treatment
- Knowledge of how to assess patient health and measure/record
physiologic and growth indices
- Knowledge of health promotion principles and techniques and
patient learning measurement
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to analyze situations and solve problems
- Employ critical thinking and problem solving
- Ethical reasoning and decision making
- Strong attention to detail
- Receptive and responsive to feedback
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills,
- Time management, prioritization, and sense of urgency
- Maintain patient confidentiality
Standing, sitting, walking, bending, stooping and twisting.
Requires ability to help transfer patients. Occasional stress from
dealing with multiple tasks and tense patients. Requires full range
of motion, manual dexterity, eye-hand coordination.
Work is performed in a clinical environment. Involves frequent
contact with staff and the public. Work may be stressful at times.
Occasional weekend or evening work required.
Keywords: Lakeshore Bone and Joint Institute, Gary , Physician Assistant, Other , Crown Point, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!