Customer Srvc Rep-nwi GI INSTI
Company: Methodist Hospitals Inc.
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Under general supervision. to perform work greeting and registering
patients by obtaining demographics, financial information,
insurance information and necessary signatures on required forms
and documents for physician office visits. Coordinates patient
appointments for all physicians in the practice office. Schedules
diagnostic tests as ordered and schedules follow-up appointment.
Provides excellent customer service.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES(*Essential Functions) Assists
in maintaining compliance with regulatory standards applicable to
areas of responsibility as required by accreditation bodies.
Assists patients with check-in and check-out process and prepares
medical records for physician visit. Directs telephone calls and
messages to appropriate persons, provides customer service as
needed. Initiates scheduling process for diagnostic tests and
referrals. Verifies financial information and insurance coverages.
Verifies scheduled appointments and follows up on missed
appointments per protocol.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS(Minimum Requirements)KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND
- Certification as a Physician Office Business Administrator is
- Ability to apply medical terminology as it relates to patient
visit and future appointments.
- Good computer skills and the ability to operate basic office
- Demonstrated good analytical skills.
- Demonstrated positive attitude, professional courtesy and
compassionate customer service to patience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to diffuse a stressful situation tactfully and
professionally, and the ability to make good decisions in a
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment, and to
- High School Diploma/GED Equivalent Required
- Customer service, reception, filling or billing experience in a
physician's office or hospital.
- 2 Healthcare/Medical - Physician's Office Preferred
STANDARDS OF BEHAVIORMeets the Standards of Behavior as outlined in
Personnel Policy and Procedure #1, Employee Relations
knowledge of procedures for protecting and maintaining security,
confidentiality and integrity of employee, patient, family,
organizational and other medical information. Understands and
supports the commitment of Methodist Hospitals in adhering to
federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations governing
ethical business practices for healthcare providers.DISCLAIMER -
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job.
The statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive
list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Keywords: Methodist Hospitals Inc., Gary , Customer Srvc Rep-nwi GI INSTI, Other , Merrillville, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!