Company: Edward Rose & Sons
Posted on: November 26, 2022
If you enjoy working with your hands, have excellent customer
service skills and are capable of performing most maintenance tasks
then we have an opportunity for YOU!
Edward Rose & Sons is a family owned company providing modest to
brand new luxury apartment communities throughout the Midwest and
surrounding states. We handle all phases of development: from land
acquisition to construction to management and maintenance.
Huntington Cove Apartments is looking for a professional and
motivated individual to join our team as a Maintenance Supervisor.
Maintenance Supervisors promote the community and the rental of
apartments through the proper and timely maintenance of the
interior of buildings, including apartments, mechanical rooms and
common areas. Maintenance Supervisors must be able to complete all
standard work orders within 24 hours, and work evenings and
weekends as needed.
Other Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
- Conducting oneself in a professional manner as a company
representative, demonstrating sound judgment and conduct.
- Following Fair Housing guidelines.
- Able to read and follow instructions, warnings, policies and
- Ensuring the quality and quantity of work; always maintaining
- Ability to learn, understand and use property management
- Good communication skills both verbal and written including
organizational and administrative skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair plumbing systems, electrical
systems, appliances, HVAC equipment, and pool equipment and
- Meeting work order deadlines.
- Maintaining company vehicle (if applicable) and vehicle
- Monitoring inventory of the most commonly used parts to ensure
an adequate stock.
- Assisting with snow/ice removal, as required.
- Available to work evenings and weekends (as needed).
- Additional duties as requested by supervisor.Requirements,
Skills and Abilities:
- Able to coordinate, schedule and respond to maintenance
requests and work orders in occupied apartments.
- Able to effectively and professionally communicate both orally
and in writing, including over the phone.
- Able to meet the physical requirements of the position, such as
climbing ladders and stairs; walking, kneeling, standing,
squatting, twisting and bending for long periods of time.
- Possess own hand tools, and have the ability and skills to
properly use the tools in addition to company-provided tools
(hand-held and power tools) while following all safety
- Open to change and able to multi-task in a fast-paced
- Must present the ability to execute job duties under stressful
circumstances, such as last minute deadlines or other difficult
- Maintain a professional appearance following team apparel
- Must have a valid driver's license, reliable transportation and
a DMV record acceptable to company's liability insurance
provider.Employees are required to be honest and trustworthy with a
satisfactory background and driving record check to be performed on
all applicants being seriously considered.
We offer our full time employees:
- Comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) with company
- Generous paid time off programs
- Competitive compensation plan
- Employee referral program
- Great work environment
- Opportunities for advancement
- Discounted apartment homeCompensation: Starting at $36.25 per
hour or higher, based on experience
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we affirmatively seek
diversity in our workplace. We recruit qualified candidates and
advance our employees without regard to race, color, religion,
gender, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national
origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status or
characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Edward Rose & Sons, Gary , Maintenance Supervisor, Other , Merrillville, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!