Infant/Toddler Teacher Assistant- Bi-Lingual
Company: Paladin Inc
Location: Michigan City
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Description: JOB TITLE: Infant/Toddler Teacher Assistant CLASS:
ProgramSTATUS: Non-Exempt TYPE: Full TimePOSITION REPORTS TO:
Education Manager (Head Start) DATE: June 16, 2022Assistant
Director (Imagination Station)POSITION SUMMARY: Come join our NAEYC
accredited program as we pilot a new multi-lingual program in our
infant classroom. By combining baby sign language, Spanish, and
utilizing tune-in, talk more, and take turns method, we will create
a language-rich environment in which you will help our children to
gain the skills they need to become bi-lingual. Nurture curiosity
through purposeful experiences to create a future full of lifelong
learners. Help to meet the diverse needs of our families in our
program. Implement Reggio-Emilia Inspired Approach while bringing
joy, warmth, patience, and understanding to the classroom every
day, encouraging children to learn and grow. Inspiring children to
be lifelong learners, implementing curriculum that promotes social,
emotional, physical, verbal, and cognitive development. Committed
to making their school successful and know that creating meaningful
relationships with children, parents, and families play a crucial
role in that success.Performs all job responsibilities in a safe
manner. Complete duties with a positive attitude and with the
intention of Paladin's success. Teach and actively monitor children
in the classroom. Become familiar with and implement positive
discipline strategies, and Progettazione when planning and setting
up the classroom environment. Perform screenings and assessments on
all children according to a particular time frame. Meaningfully
interact on a daily basis with parents. Solicit volunteers for
participation in the program. Conduct home visits (Head Start) and
parent-teacher conferences throughout school year. Integrate and
analyze child assessment data for planning. Includes any other
duties to help drive our vision, fulfill our mission, or support
our organizational values.EMPLOYMENT CONDITIONAL UPON RESULTS OF
THE FOLLOWING:o Successful Drug Screening. o Successful Physical
Capacities Examination and TB screen results.o Criminal History
Background Clearance.PHYSICAL/MENTAL ABILITIES AND PROCESSES:1.
Ability to create a positive working environment for both children
- Physical capability, strength and coordination adequate to work
with preschool children including, kneeling, stooping, bending, and
sitting on the floor.
- Required computer literacy: Word processing, database,
Internet, spreadsheets, and e-mail.
- Ability to assist in maintaining computerized records for
child/family tracking system.
- Ability to visually assess the health and behaviors of
- Assist with frequent significant decisions to assure
developmental progress of children.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise preschool children and ensure
a safe learning environment including the ability to monitor and
respond to events going on at all times in classroom, outdoor play
areas and on field trips. This includes the ability to move quickly
to respond to very active children and to redirect or physically
remove a child in order to ensure their safety or the safety of
others in the environment.
- Ability to utilize teacher preparation time effectively,
refrain from engaging in personal business.
- Ability to exercise professional conduct in the workplace.
Conduct oneself with decorum while representing Paladin.
- Ability to respond appropriately (both mentally and physically)
to an emergency or a crisis situation.
- Uphold all responsibilities for mandated reporting as legally
required by the State of Indiana.
- Assure that a positive image of Paladin is portrayed at all
- Occasional driving for training and job responsibility
- Occasional lifting in excess of 50 lbs., occasionally placing
children into seats and ability to carry or drag a child in an
emergency situation to a safe area.
- Occasional climbing steps to enter and exit
- At minimum, Teacher assistants are to have a CDA credential or
a state-awarded certificate that meets or exceeds the requirements
for a CDA credential, or are enrolled in a program that will lead
to a CDA within one year of the time of hire.
- Valid Driver's License and access to a privately-owned vehicle
with liability insurance for use in completing work
responsibilities as required.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Must have Adult and Pediatric CPR and First Aid Certifications
within 30 days from date of hire.RESPONSIBILITIES:Classroom
Management, Intentional Planning, and Meaningful Assessment1.
Support the lead teacher in organizing and preparing opportunities
for children and families to create meaningful connections with
- Always provides a safe environment with supervision of children
at all times, consistently applying active supervision and
- Assist with planning intentional on-going experiences that
enhance the cognitive, social, emotional, linguistic and physical
development of young children in cooperation with the Lead
- Assist with submitting weekly lesson and unit plans that
support each child's identified goals, in cooperation with the Lead
Teacher, which reflect an integrated approach across all content
- Assist with endorsing and implementing the Reggio Emilia
Progettazione in alignment with NAEYC, Indiana Early Learning, and
Head Start standards.
- Support the lead teacher in implementing developmentally
appropriate behavior management techniques, including Conscious
Discipline in alignment with Paladin's image of the child.
- Keep necessary reports and documentation, including but not
limited to, assessment data, developmental screening, behavior
intervention plans, and conference notes.
- Appropriately implements CACFP procedures and complies with all
USDA laws.Family Engagement and Partnerships
- Assist the lead teacher with planning for, utilizing and
training volunteers for the classroom, playground, gross motor area
and field trips.
- Assist lead teacher with providing parents opportunities to
give input into the daily curriculum and document input on lesson
- Assist the lead teacher with planning and implementing
meaningful parent engagement opportunities.
- Attend Parent Meetings.
- Build respectful, culturally responsive, and trusting
relationships with families. Professionalism 14. Engage in
effective collegial relationships
- Interact with other staff using the highest standards of
- Supports team by providing coverage for breaks, lunches, and
illnesses as needed
- Follow all agency policies and procedures
- Organize time to allow for planning, preparation, and
- Responsive to mentor/coaching/management feedback. Demonstrate
a willingness to assist lead teacher with implementing new
- Provide customer service in reception, greet, and direct
visitors at the site.
- Perform other relevant responsibilities as required by the
program or assigned by supervisor.
- Assist teacher in maintaining a clean, sanitary, safe and
- Model the respectful workplace policy when interacting with
Paladin clients, community members, and colleagues.
- Must be responsible, able to handle confidential material, able
to organize effectively and able to work independently.
- Assure that a positive image of the Paladin is always
- Maintain current, valid driver's license and liability
insurance at all times on any personal vehicle used to conduct
- Obtain and keep current Adult and Pediatric CPR and First Aid
- Complete 15 credit hours in ECE and a minimum of 20 hours
continuing education, based on individualized professional
Keywords: Paladin Inc, Gary , Infant/Toddler Teacher Assistant- Bi-Lingual, Other , Michigan City, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!